Farang Driving With Open Window.

pop3

Ive been meaning to post this on here for a long time but keep forgetting but heres a question I would really like to find some answers to.

A large portion of farang generally come from colder climates, so why is it that so many drive around with the drivers window open ? is it any of these or something els ?

They want to be seen ?

They want to economize on fuel and sweat rather than use the air-con ?

They like the smell of two stroke exhaust ?

They like filling their car with road dust ?

If it was an old car or pickup they were driving with less than perfect air-con I could see their point but 99% are driving new, can somebody show some light on this please ? maybe your one of these dusty sweaty crew, let us into your secret... :o

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been meaning to post this on here for a long time but keep forgetting but heres a question I would really like to find some answers to.

A large portion of farang generally come from colder climates, so why is it that so many drive around with the drivers window open ? is it any of these or something els ?

They want to be seen ?

They want to economize on fuel and sweat rather than use the air-con ?

They like the smell of two stroke exhaust ?

They like filling their car with road dust ?

If it was an old car or pickup they were driving with less than perfect air-con I could see their point but 99% are driving new, can somebody show some light on this please ? maybe your one of these dusty sweaty crew, let us into your secret... :o

I too was wondering on this one, its always farang, maybe to be seen ? ( could always remove the dark tints ) smokers ? ( although seems a shame to waste it ! ) :D

Just force of habit i think.

Where i come from it was usually too cold to have the window down. Usually drove round with the heating on full, feeling awfully stuffy.

On the odd occasion when the weather was nice, it always felt good to wind down the window and feel the warm air on your face.

Admittedly, i wouldn't be doing that in a city like Bangkok, but out in the country i think it's good to take in all the smells and sounds that you miss out on when you are shut away in your air-con bubble.

it's usually too hot to drive with windows down... but once in a while you've got that fresh spring breez, the temperature goes down to 22, 23, and wow, you can turn the aircon off and enjoy riding with the window down. Yep, I do it from time to time...

Do it all the time, don't know why!

Guess I like to rest my arm on the door frame, I always drive one hand steering anyway.

Window goes up and AC on when I hit the city though, no sense sweltering in the heat when stuck in front of a traffic light :o

Living in Bangkok my window is up and down like a whores drawers.

Three main reasons why.

1) I smoke.

2) When the vehicle is moving i put the window down, when im moving slowly or stopped it goes up. Nothing to do with posing or whatever. The polution doesnt bother me at all, and i enjoy the warm air. When on holiday in whereever, most people drive a ragtop! Same thinking with me, though im not on holiday and not in a ragtop.

3) I pump up the tunes and want to be seen by all and sundry in my pimpmobile. (Yeah right.)

OP assumes that everyone likes it cold? During the early morning/evening I don't need the aircon on, also without the radio at full volume the sense of hearing is another aid to driving.

The electrics for my window is dodgy so sometimes if I open it I can't close it again until I bring it to the garage. Sorry if I upset you :o I also sometimes open the window if my wife is feeling car sick.

Maybe some of use do not find it hot, myself almost always drive with the window open, there again I have all 7 windows open 24/7 in the master bedroom [+ the door but this is more for the dogs if and when they want to come up], and before going to bed always have all the windows and doors open downstairs in all the rooms.

I spend a lot of time in the garden in shorts in the wonderful sunshine

I lived for many years in the Algarve Portugal and some years in the South of France, so love the heat, did not install air con there, also never used the car air con there……. I do wonder why I spent money on air con here in my house as I never use it.

OK if I drive into BKK [maybe 2 or 3 times per year] then I do use the air con

Farang Driving With Open Window. why?

why is it that i am not able come up with extremely interesting questions like the one above? :D

Yes why Naam, why is that??? :o

perhaps old age dementia? :D

i concentrated and tried hard. how about these:

-"why is it that Farangs have generally bigger noses than Thais?"

-"why do most wives object that husbands keep mia nois?"

-"why can Thais buy land in [insert country] and i cannot buy land in Thailand?"

-"why are Thais eating spicy food?"

-"why are the temperatures in Thailand much higher than in England, Scotland, Wales or Switzerland?"

-"shall i marry my filipina or my thai girlfriend? need advice from experienced persons!"

i concentrated and tried hard. how about these:

-"why is it that Farangs have generally bigger noses than Thais?"

-"why do most wives object that husbands keep mia nois?"

-"why can Thais buy land in [insert country] and i cannot buy land in Thailand?"

-"why are Thais eating spicy food?"

-"why are the temperatures in Thailand much higher than in England, Scotland, Wales or Switzerland?"

-"shall i marry my filipina or my thai girlfriend? need advice from experienced persons!"

Why do farang buy such big trolleys full of houehold appliances and who is the smiling Thai girl who normally helps them push the trolley?

I'm not a farang and once in while I drive with the windows down, but only:

- Uncongested roads (especially NOT behind any trucks, busses, etc.)

- Highways.

- Along the beach.

- Along mountain ways.

I've spent 15 odd years in the states and I normally drive with the windows down over there... bad habit of wanting to smell fresh air.

farangs may drive with the windows down ,but thai's drive without windscreens,go figure

i was thinking the same thing... there are many trucks and pickups tht roam the roads of Samui without windscreens :o