Farang Driving With Open Window.

pop3

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i can say on this subject is POP3, fuc_k OFF and get a life you nosey bastard. you asked a question and got some answers but still choose not to believe them. Just what are you trying to prove... :o

You know in the four and a half years I have been on this forum it has always been a little fiery at times when discusing relationships and politics, but this kind of abuse when talking light heartedly about something like this is uncalled for.

I think Thai visa needs to re think what were all here for.

Yes, this seemed such a bizarre topic that I tried to ignore it, but it is a slow morning, so here goes...

I agree with Naam, as usual - why didn't I dream up such a bizarre question? Why do Thais think that ginger smells good? Why do the food stands on main streets extend five meters onto the roadway in Chiang Mai at night? Why does 7-11 think 34 baht is a good price for Spy wine when Tesco-Lotus Express sells it for 25? Why are Thais excessively modest about nudity but have no qualms about flicking nose boogers in public? Why does a 150 bike only go 142 kph top speed? Why.....

Yes, one can wonder why thais and Thailand do thing opposite to our ways of doing things.

But this time farangs where questioned to why?

Maybe it is time for the OP to take a short vacation abroad? :o

MC

dude why would anyone care if we leave the windows down, i actually leave my windows down till about 120-130km, i do have a rear back window with the triton and well that helps alot with resistence at higher speeds, and well it is not just a habit, but rather a way of life.

i doubt most people do it to be looked at, but rather because its comfortable and easy, not to menation switching on the AC will increase fuel consumption and drop the power of the engine by about 10%....

is that a good enough excuse????

POP3 the response may have been uncalled for but then your previous response saying that we are all lying to ourselves and that we want to be seen and show the world we have money is rude as well. so i tell you what you get of your high horse and apologize then i will. hows that sound :o

because to be frank most of us are sick of of being told we flaunt our money etc.

true!!!!!!!!

i drive a pickup.... that doesnt flaunt money in your face....

though if i was driving a lambo, farr, or an aston martin, and leave the windows open thats a different story...

at the same time, i dont know any farang who does own those sets of cars....

what does that tell you???

Thai's who buy extreamly overpriced cars are flaunting there money. they dont even drive fast in free roads...i ask my self why? well the answer is simple,....because they are showing off!

Thai's who buy extreamly overpriced cars are flaunting there money. they dont even drive fast in free roads...i ask my self why? well the answer is simple,....because they are showing off!

Quite a number of Thai with expensive cars do one thing - use NO tint or very little tint. I assume to be seen! But then I've seen 7 series BMW's with blacked out windows - for the coolness and not to be seen! I'ts up to the individual. I drown with the window down a bit this morning as it was cool, until I hit the built up area and had to close it due to the dust and smoke. But the cool (clean) breeze is much more refreshing than the aircond air.

Okay brothers and sisters, here comes the answer from a liftetime to the question, why falangs drive with the windows down:

Because they are mostly from a country with 4 seasons. Most of the time it's cold. (A thai can expierence this feeling, by climbing into the freezer for half a day.)They use the heater. That few months it is summer in there country, they put down there windows to feel the warm air, and enjoy the summer breeze. Airconditiong is not standard installed in these cars, it's just a luxury option. So most people don't have the aircon.

Bangkok is a different story as also the country: it's tropical. So you people like to have it cool and are bored of the heat. ( Ask yourself why you have the whitening creames? )

Also most falang lands have strict rules in Co2 exposure from cars. They know catalysors. They have a every year necessary from goverment check up on Co2 and everything. All those things are not in Thailand. That's why it's also so much pollution. And you see city buses ( which we have in the museum) pulling out a cloud of black smoke, bye an engine that's a century old with a straight pipe to the back.

I hope this says enough :o

It is still my belief that the overwhelming reason that the farang drive with their windows open is to be seen, I am farang, I have money, look at me

Pop3 is just trying to make people upset by trolling, saying incredibly stupid things.

Sad to see.

If he is not trolling then he is halfretarded which is sad as well :o .