Uk Wedding

For exact advice about the procedure then speak to your local registrar but if she's never been married before then a simple statement to that effect is sufficent.

You don't mention what type of visa she has at the moment but if it's a visit visa she will still be expected to leave the UK at the end of her alloted 6 months.

Cheers,

Scouse.

She has a 6 month visit visa, and we will both go back to Thailand in the new year. The British embassy in Bangkok know of our plans to marry, but they were not sure what ID my girlfriend would nead to marry in the uk.

I was hoping that someone that has married a Thai in the uk might be able to give me some more info.

Thanks for any advice.

Paul

Paul............I think she also has to get a statement/document from her Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Thai Embassy in UK regarding her marital status in Thailand. Her word that she is not married would not be sufficient.

Good luck! :o

Paul............I think she also has to get a statement/document from her Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Thai Embassy in UK regarding her marital status in Thailand. Her word that she is not married would not be sufficient.

Good luck! :o

I do not see any such requirement, only passport seems to be needed, but my fast read could be wrong. I did note that they are tasked to refuse any marriage that seems intended to violate immigration rules however so expect that could have a broad meaning. Try this link for a more detailed procedure:

http://www.wedding-services.demon.co.uk/marriage.htm

Yes, registrars now have the power to decline to marry a foreign national where they have reasonable suspicion that the marriage is being entered in to solely for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. However, this mainly applies to foreign nationals marrying EU citizens in the UK as there is no benefit to be derived from entering in to a marriage of convenience with a Brit because the foreign national would still need to leave the country in order to get a settlement visa. Also, article 12 of the Human Rights Act 1998 states:-

"ARTICLE 12

RIGHT TO MARRY

Men and women of marriageable age have the right to marry and to found a family, according to the national laws governing the exercise of this right."

Scouse.

hi there,

we got married in July in the UK

need valid passport, we were not asked for her visa etc, although they were in the passport so they could have seen them.

Spoken word to the registrar that she has not been married before, and a small interview 5-10 minutes for info regarding fathers and mothers name, job etc.

hope it helps

costas

hi there,

we got married in July in the UK

need valid passport, we were not asked for her visa etc, although they were in the passport so they could have seen them.

Spoken word to the registrar that she has not been married before, and a small interview 5-10 minutes for info regarding fathers and mothers name, job etc.

hope it helps

costas

Costas could be right...................my friend got married early last year and was told she needed that.........which took 3 weeks for her to get the document. It may vary depending on the registrar and his/her "suspicions".......I am not sure.

Lopburi........the link you provided was last updated in 2003.

Anyway, good luck!