What Travel Agent Do You Use To Book Flight To Bkk From Uk? (the Cheapest)

Farside

I have been coming to Thailand for about 10 years now, And over the past 3-4 years the flight prices have really shot up, Now i'm paying a minimum of £650+ (End of July and Xmas periods) :o . And i am booking my flights 1 year in advance!

I fly either from Manchester or Humberside, Humberside if i can afford it because that is right near me, But they usually costs £800+ :D ,

Can any of you direct me to the online travel agents that you use, If you are getting flights from Manchester or Humberside cheaper then £650? Because i hear there are still flights to Thailand for £400-£500ish, But i can't ever seem to find them anywhere, Even after searching many hours everyday for weeks.

I always book 1 year in advance too so i should be able to somehow get a cheaper flight,

I use opodo, southall, Ebookers etc etc but i'm not getting very good prices like i use to. Also i can't change my dates of departure as i only have a 2 week shut down at work at the end of July and over Xmas/New year, Yes i know these are the most dear times but still, There must be a cheaper option, Or is that all in the past now :D

I have been coming to Thailand for about 10 years now, And over the past 3-4 years the flight prices have really shot up, Now i'm paying a minimum of £650+ (End of July and Xmas periods) :o . And i am booking my flights 1 year in advance!

I fly either from Manchester or Humberside, Humberside if i can afford it because that is right near me, But they usually costs £800+ :D ,

Can any of you direct me to the online travel agents that you use, If you are getting flights from Manchester or Humberside cheaper then £650? Because i hear there are still flights to Thailand for £400-£500ish, But i can't ever seem to find them anywhere, Even after searching many hours everyday for weeks.

I always book 1 year in advance too so i should be able to somehow get a cheaper flight,

I use opodo, southall, Ebookers etc etc but i'm not getting very good prices like i use to. Also i can't change my dates of departure as i only have a 2 week shut down at work at the end of July and over Xmas/New year, Yes i know these are the most dear times but still, There must be a cheaper option, Or is that all in the past now :D

i just booked my flight this morning with travelbag (same as ebookers)

leaving in 3 weeks with emirates from manchester.not sure when im returning to the uk,so i just booked a return in february,which i will change for £75 when i know when im coming back to uk.

seems a good deal considering its an 8 month ticket.(PRICE £604 Return)

apparantly some new deals with emirates came out 2 day.

you can also get etihad for a similar price in june.

i never book more than 3 months in advance(except if travelling at christmas) as the prices tend to drop in my experience with these two airlines.

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

I use either http://www.expedia.co.uk/default.aspx?eapi...amp;eapid=730-3 or http://www.airlinewarehouse.co.uk/

I've always found both of them competitive on prices and the best thing for me is that I live in Thailand and with both companies I can book on line with the outward journey from Bangkok to the UK and the return from the UK to Bangkok. With other UK travel agents I've looked at, to book on line, the outward journey must be from the UK to bangkok. It also means I see the cost in GBP and can pay with a UK credit/debit card without having to worry about exchange rates.

i just booked my flight this morning with travelbag (same as ebookers)

leaving in 3 weeks with emirates from manchester.not sure when im returning to the uk,so i just booked a return in february,which i will change for £75 when i know when im coming back to uk.

seems a good deal considering its an 8 month ticket.(PRICE £604 Return)

apparantly some new deals with emirates came out 2 day.

you can also get etihad for a similar price in june.

i never book more than 3 months in advance(except if travelling at christmas) as the prices tend to drop in my experience with these two airlines.

Yes my next flight at end of July is with Etihad, They are definitly the cheapest to use so far (Emirates are the most expensive), I have never noticed the prices to drop when the depature date is getting closer though, Usually it jumps higher, I remember last july when i found a flight with a really cheap iranian airline flying from manchester (Only cost £450) but it was cancelled due to them saying they no longer fly to the UK, I didn't even get any notice of this and the only reason i found out was because i rang the travel agents (Southall) to ask if there was another vacent seat for my friend to buy, They said "Sorry sir but all the flights from this airline to the uk have been cancelled".

That really p****d me off as it only left me about a week to find another flight, The cheapest i could find then was about £1,300 (Etihad). That was well out of order, Not telling me about the flights being cancelled. :o

Don't forget that i can only travel end of July / Beginning of august and at xmas-new year so June flights are out of the question for me. Sadly. I could save a fortune if it wern't for my job haha. :D

I use either http://www.expedia.co.uk/default.aspx?eapi...amp;eapid=730-3 or http://www.airlinewarehouse.co.uk/

I've always found both of them competitive on prices and the best thing for me is that I live in Thailand and with both companies I can book on line with the outward journey from Bangkok to the UK and the return from the UK to Bangkok. With other UK travel agents I've looked at, to book on line, the outward journey must be from the UK to bangkok. It also means I see the cost in GBP and can pay with a UK credit/debit card without having to worry about exchange rates.

Thanks for the links, I have been on expedia a lot but they are always too expensive, A lot more then others, I haven't yet been on airlinewarehouse so i'll book mark that and keep it for next time so i can check the prices then, Thanks! :o:D:D:D:D

use ww.orbitz.com , they are the cheapest, you can normally find a return for around 800 USD/ 400 pounds, but the cheapest flights are from london

Normally i would recommend Oasis Air, they used to do return flights for 180 POUND!!!, but sadly they went bust last month :o

use ww.orbitz.com , they are the cheapest, you can normally find a return for around 800 USD/ 400 pounds, but the cheapest flights are from london

Normally i would recommend Oasis Air, they used to do return flights for 180 POUND!!!, but sadly they went bust last month :o

I just had a quick look and they are expensive (I only use either Manchester or Humberside airport in the UK not London).

From the UK I have always used Trailfinders. You cannot book on line but they beat the cr@p out of the likes of Expedia and Travelocity. They find you the cheapest option that fits you spec whether direct or not. Have you looked at KLM via Schipol?

www.westeasttravel.com . . . I always used to book my flights when in the UK and now always book my parents through them. In general no one can touch them for price - in fact they have a price promise that if you can find a flight for cheaper they'll beat your price! Flights4less used to be good and are now part of the Lastminute group and still offer decent prices.

Also on a Thai flight they'll reserve your seat for you at the point of booking - so if you ever wondered why no matter how early you turn up at the airport asking for a pair of seats at the back of economy they have always gone . . .well this is why! :o

From the UK I have always used Trailfinders. You cannot book on line but they beat the cr@p out of the likes of Expedia and Travelocity. They find you the cheapest option that fits you spec whether direct or not. Have you looked at KLM via Schipol?

Yes i use KLM from Humberside to schipol then China airlines to bangkok.

Do you have a number for trailfinders? Can you pm me it ? Thanks. :o

To origional op you can get the train down to watford juntchon £12.50 if booked well in advance then bus direct to lhr from station every 30 mins £9

hope this helps

Where is that? I'm in the north east of England....

Try the link below, its only an online flight search site but gives best fares and links to airline sites. I found flight 495 pounds with Qatar Airways at Christmas from Manchester obviously dependant on dates.

http://www.amadeus.net

wow that IS a goooood price!! But was that including the taxes too? haha. I'll bookmark that site for my next booking so i can check out the prices then, Thanks :o

To origional op you can get the train down to watford juntchon £12.50 if booked well in advance then bus direct to lhr from station every 30 mins £9

hope this helps

Where is that? I'm in the north east of England....

If it's London then i don't go there, It's 5 trains changes to get there from where i live, It's not worth the hassle after a long haul flight.

www.westeasttravel.com . . . I always used to book my flights when in the UK and now always book my parents through them. In general no one can touch them for price - in fact they have a price promise that if you can find a flight for cheaper they'll beat your price! Flights4less used to be good and are now part of the Lastminute group and still offer decent prices.

Also on a Thai flight they'll reserve your seat for you at the point of booking - so if you ever wondered why no matter how early you turn up at the airport asking for a pair of seats at the back of economy they have always gone . . .well this is why! :D

Thanks i'll take a look when their site is back up and running, At the mo the site is unaccessable. :o:D

I have been using flightsavers.com based in Bangkok for the last 4 years now, and I fly home twice a year

They always come up with good prices and offer a very efficient, freindly service

I just checked out their site and they only do business class and 1st class flights :o

I don't trust any of those online travel sites anymore. Not since I picked out some flights on Emirates (through the Emirates website), then went to Expedia and a couple others to see if there were other options.

Expedia showed me the exact same flight on Emirates that I had already looked at, for $1,200 MORE ! (Just a Dubai-Bangkok return)

I double checked (started from the beginning), went back and looked at the Emiratres site again, and sure enough, Expedia was asking $1,200 more for the exact same flight.

Even on a cheaper route. Air Canada (Vancouver to Kamloops, return), Expedia quoted me a price that was almost $200 more than what I could get from the Air Canada website.

Nowadays, I'll use those sites (rarely) just to see what airline may be flying the route I want. Then I go to the airline site and check the prices.

Then I get ahold of Tom at saveflights.com (a ThaiVisa sponsor), and let him see what he can do.

For example, I did all the leg work to find flights from Dubai to Bangkok, Bangkok to Vancouver and back, as well as flying the GoF from Canada to Thailand and back. For various reasons (convenience, scheduling, price, etc), I ended up on one airline (Dubai-Bangkok return), and another (Bangkok-Manila-Vancouver return), as well as the GoF's (Vancouver-Manila-Bangkok return), all business class flights.

I had all the prices for all the flights, the dates, flight numbers, times, and so on. Sent it in to Tom to see what he could do.

Including his fees and credit card charges, his total was over $1,200 cheaper than what I had been able to come up with.

He didn't do quite as well on my previous trip though. I knew what the Emirates Business Class flight (Dubai-Bangkok return) was going to cost. Tom was able to get me the flight, and including services fees and the DHL courier charges to have paper tickets sent to me (in Afghanistan), he came in just under what Emirates had been asking (but Emirates wouldn't issue e-tickets for that flight, as it was a code share).

Anyways, not sure what Tom can do for flights from the UK, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. Just make sure he knows that you are only looking for a quote (initially).

i to fly from Manchester to Bkk

i have booked direct with etihad most off the time . but i have also found some great online offers from the web sites mentioned above

expedia and Amadeus are good site , i just did a search for when i next plan to return to Thailand and got a fight for £598.00

i used www.zuji.com.hk too, there based in hong kong ... i got a very good deal there once

i do think the days off £500 fights are over thou

I always use Kayak for the options.

I would however point out this to you, you say you always book I year in advance, in that case you certainly will NOT be getting the best price. Airline schedules and fares are never published more than 10 months in advance, that is IATA regs. So therefore anyone taking your money for a flight more than that period will just be using an "average" at best. There will most likely be a little clause too relating to various surcharges that they may impose in certain events, like when they get it wrong, easy to do these days with the volatile price of fuel.

You can often get the best price for London flights anyway directly from Qatar Airways, they tend to use an almost Easyjet type system so if you go on their site when your dates become available, 10 months etc you can get a good deal, I'm going early Dec and got £410, a bit later and into the peak I seem to recall the early prices were £480. My £410 flight is now nearly double that....