English Teacher In Thailand Looking To Work In Korea

Hi

I am an English teacher working in Northern Thailand. I have am 32 and have 10 years esl teaching experience in Thailand. I am looking for a change and am interested in working in Seoul, Korea. I was wondering if agents ever come to Bangkok to conduct interviews. I would very much like to see someone face to face without having to fly back to my country to have an interview.

Thanks

Hi

I am an English teacher working in Northern Thailand. I have am 32 and have 10 years esl teaching experience in Thailand. I am looking for a change and am interested in working in Seoul, Korea. I was wondering if agents ever come to Bangkok to conduct interviews. I would very much like to see someone face to face without having to fly back to my country to have an interview.

Thanks

Hi..

I am form south Korea. and there are not to many agents come to Thailand because teachers here do not hold a Bachelors degree.

If you hold a BA degree I can get you a Return flight and a 1 year contract quite quickly as you are an experienced.

The Korean embassy will process you visa quit fast once you have obtained a positing and you hold a B-A degree.

if you have the B-A degree it take less then a few days to find you a good job teaching position in Korea

Regards,

dude if u want to work in korea, go to korea. simple as that.

Its like saying Im working in Africa and I want to work in Puerto Rico, will they come interview me? ROFLMAO

Edited by DragonQuest

Dude,

Just go to one of the Korea Job sites. The biggest one is Dave's Esl Cafe.

Email some different agents with your CV.

You'll get a zillion job offers, and they will probably ring you in the middle of the night :o

Take any agent's word with a pinch of salt and remember there is no hurry to accept any position.

Post the job details here or on the other site if you want an opinion.

edit - you need a Bachelor's Degree for a Visa.

PP

Edited by patongpanda

"Dude if u want to work in korea, go to korea. simple as that.

Its like saying Im working in Africa and I want to work in Puerto Rico, will they come interview me? ROFLMAO"

Things have changed in Korea re: the requirements, thus it is not as easy to just arrive, accept a job and slip across to Japan for the E2 visa. A "fresh" police clearance from your home country is required amongst other things. Contact the bigger language companies or actual government schools/universities; the secret is to avoid Hogwans. The big companies and government institutions stick to the rules.

Yeah, go to korea and teach their pre-school and kindergarten. Then maybe you'll move up in the ranks but the process takes a couple of years until the locals like you. The turn around in Korea is as fast as it is in Thailand. Oh, there's a new "Disney" teaching island near Japan, if your lucky you might land on it.

hope this helps,

Danny.

Definitely need a police check from your home country. Apply for one and when you have that in hand you are good to go. Where are you from as that will give you an idea of how long they take? I'm from the UK so mine took 40 days, take into account postage from Thailand to there, there back to Thailand. You will also, probably, have to shell out from 1000 to 2000 baht on a medical check.

Hi - how do you get a police check from the UK ? Do you have links for further info and costs on this ?

Thanks

<br />Definitely need a police check from your home country. Apply for one and when you have that in hand you are good to go. Where are you from as that will give you an idea of how long they take? I'm from the UK so mine took 40 days, take into account postage from Thailand to there, there back to Thailand. You will also, probably, have to shell out from 1000 to 2000 baht on a medical check.<br />
<br /><br /><br />