Question About Refuse To Entry And Blacklist

I had been refused to entry Thailand several years ago because I hold passport of valid period less than 6 months. They also left a stamp on my passport, but I don't know what the stamp is because it is in Thai language. does anybody know whether I had been blacklisted? I have a plan a travel to Thailand recently, but I am not sure I would be refused to entry again. this time I hold a new passport so the passport is clear(means no stamp on it). but the new passport and the old one has same information such as name, date of birth and so on.

thanks.

Agree with Lopburi. From some of the stories I have heard it is not easy to get blacklisted. Paedo/ rape/ murder/ drugs would do it, but cocking up an entry, or even overstaying for several years, seems that you can't get on this elusive blacklist.

Add to that the fact that they have only very recently gone computerised with their immigration, even if you were on the above list, with a new passport you would probably get in OK.

To be black listed, you should have committed a serious crime, or broken the law severely, but for incomplete requirement you will only be denied entry and this has nothing to do with your future attempt to enter.

Furthermore denying entry is not necessary associated with the black list, bearing in mind that holding a valid visa doesn’t necessary means that you are surely entitled to enter (although it is 90% supporting of)! The last word for this decision is always lies on the hand of the immigration officer at the point of entry (according to most countries’ of the world law.)

According to your statement as lopburi3 answered, you are not blacklisted and the stamp they have put in your passport probably an explanation for the denying of entry. You still can enter with your old passport too if the validity period extended to be over six month.

Bishop :o

I hope the airline gave you a new round trip ticket. The airlines are supposed to prevent you from boarding at point of origin if you do not meet immigration requirements at destination. Most countries require you have a passport that is still valid for at least six months upon arrival but is not always enforced.