One Way Ticket And Visa Worries

sorry for asking a stupid question but

I am going out to be with by Fiancee for Christmas and hopefully bring her back to the UK if her visa application is sucessful.

I could only get a one way ticket from LHR to BKK on the date that suited and it was easier to then get 2 tickets in Bangkok back to the UK on the same flight when we are out there or just the one for me if her visa gets turned down.

My question is will I have problems getting a tourist visa at the airport in Bangkok not having a ticket out of the coutry or should I apply for a visa here now at the embassy.

Will I have problems with checkin at LHR (Air Canada for EVA) in not having a return ticket ?

any answers would be gratefully appreciated

Jeff

You can not obtain a tourist visa at Bangkok airport in any case. The most you can obtain is a 30 day stay without visa but that requires onward transportation proof which you do not have. Although immigration is unlikely to check this the airline you fly here is aware of the rule and may not let you board the aircraft. You should obtain a tourist visa from a Royal Thai Consulate prior to travel to avoid this potential problem.