Work Cancell My Visa

Hi,

I have just recieved another 3 month Non immigrant B Visa and workpermit from my company. Recenetly, some issues have come up at work and I am now looking at leaving the company ASAP, but have been told by some staff members that they can cancell my visa.

Can anyone let me know what the situation is? I just got back from Penang and am leaving my job in the next few days. If this is true, can i get my 3 month Non B transfered into 3 month tourist visa? As i need to be in Thailand untill August...

Any help would be veyr helpful!

Thanks in advance.

If you leave or are terminated....you canot get an extension unless you have another job lined up. Actually, one had 9 days as I recall to get a new job, and start the Work Permit process again. I believe that that is now down to 24 hours (no sure). Still, if you are fired or leave the job, I wooudl turn in my Work Permit which is 'tied' to your visa, and go to immigration to convert the visa to a Visitor Visa....if you don't be prepared to pay penalties, and possible expulsion. Go talk to immigration....they can be very helpful if you have the right attitude, and find someone who can speak English, unless you speak Thai well.

If you are on a 90 day visa entry the loss of employment does not effect that stay in any way. You can continue to stay in Thailand for the permitted time and look for new employment if that is what you want. You do not convert a non immigrant visa to tourist visa at Immigration.

Found this

http://www.dejudomlaw.com/index.php?option...09&Itemid=9

EMPLOYMENT

WORK PERMIT CANCELLATION

Effective this month the Employment Department no longer requires companies to report the last official working day of expatriate employees and the expatriate employee is not required to return his/her work permit booklet to the Employment Department. The booklet can simply be keep by the expatriate for his/her records. However, the Immigration Department still requires cancellation of the employee's non-immigrant work visa and the visas for any dependant family members.

IMMIGRATION

EMPLOYMENT VISA CANCELLATION Due to the fact that the Employment Department no longer requires the cancellation of work permits, the Immigration Department has changed the procedure for the cancellation of a work permit holder's employment visa and for the dependant visas of his/her family members. When an expatriate employee's work is terminated, the company must issue a letter confirming the cancellation of employment. The employee must present such letter to the Immigration Department to be used for the cancellation of his visa and the visas of all dependant family members. The employee and family members must make the cancellation in person at the Immigration Department and the cancellation must be made exactly on the employee's last official working day. In the case that the last working day is a holiday or weekend the employee will need to make the cancellation on the last government working day before the holiday or weekend. Upon cancellation, in order to remain in Thailand, the work visa holder and his/her dependants must apply for a visa extension. The Immigration Department will grant a 7-day temporary visa extension. The fee for the extension is Baht 1,900 per person. Employment visa holders need to be aware that once their company sets a last official working day, their visa must be cancelled. The visa cancellation must be reported even if the visa still remains valid beyond the last day of employment. If a visa holder continues to use this employment visa after the last official day of work (the date when the company stops paying salary in Thailand), he/she will be breaking the Immigration Department rules. Persons using such visas after the last official working day could encounter problems if they remain in or return to Thailand. If by examining the passport the Immigration Department discovers that the visa was not properly cancelled and was still used, the visa holder would be liable to pay a fine for overstay before he/she could obtain a new visa.

On the closing of my company in Phuket 2006 and cancellation of my W/P I was issued a 7 day extension and I paid a fine O/S for the days in between at Pattaya Immigration.

I can't see you doing anything different??