The West Is A "house Of Cards"

Pepe'

Mr. Socal enlightened us:

If you have found happiness, then cherish everyday, and watch who you tell, where you are.

I must admit that I would have messed up. Shit, shit, shit.

It is the theme of this ''The Beach' movie. If you find something nice, you have to keep it for yourself, because other people also want to have it.

Oh, I hate other people, why are they that bad?

I have found some happiness. Staying happy is an ongoing process. Meditation, play etc.

More people in San Diego? I say bring 'em on. It's great for business :o

Those thirty and younger are mearly a generation of consumers who blow all their money because there really is little hope of getting into a nice property or three so just enjoy for today.

Pepe, showing your age? Wonder if your father said the same thing in his generation?

SoCal,

Perhaps there is some truth to your words, but these are very different times you must admit...

Somehow it doesn't seem the American ruling classes are going to exit center stage without extracting the ultimate sacrifice from untold millions - hopefully extinction of the species will be avoided - but their is not much reason for optimism, In My Humble Opinion.

One of the best things about America is that, unlike most other societies, it is not static.

There is “old money” but the two richest men in the world are Gates and Buffett (definitely “new money”). “Old money” is pixxed away and new money is created, often within a less than a generation. Same goes politics. The Kennedy mafia was called a “dynasty”, blah, blah, blah. The Bushes will eventually follow the Kennedy “dynasty” into semi-oblivion. If we are lucky, John McCain will run and win in 2008.

I am not even sure what “American ruling classes” means. There are conspiracy theories that there are some sinister forces (the real ruling class?) who pull the strings and the politicos are just puppets. I see no evidence for it. Do you? Even the communists who openly claimed that their goal was the destruction of “Yankee imperialism” did not risk “extracting the ultimate sacrifice”. Why would the “American ruling classes” risk suicide?

SoCal,

Perhaps there is some truth to your words, but these are very different times you must admit...

Might surprise you Pepe, but I don't agree.

Christ has been comming/the world ending with every generation of the last 2,000 years. :D

What age do you prefer Pepe: dark ages, inquisition, Napoleon, American Indian, slavery, black plague, Last Century- WWI, great depression, WWII, Vietnam, nuclear anihilation with USSR, today?

Life has a lot to do with the cards you are dealt, and how you play them. There is always good and bad. Lord knows it isn't pretty, but you do what you can with what you have. :D

To return to the original post- we in the west are relatively lucky, most of us get to choose the life we lead. It's not a house of cards. It is what it is, both good and bad.

You are a lucky man Pepe, cherish what you have. If you are feeling a little empty, then help someone else. You can't change the world, but maybe you can change the life of one person. No better feeling. :o

Why would the “American ruling classes” risk suicide?

Because they are mad and in illusion?

Not mad, in illusion, or suicidal... it is the nature of the human beast to 'survive' at all costs. The Jews in the concentration camps were proof enough of that. It is also the nature of the human beast to 'control' his environment, other people and other races. History is proof enough of that. And it is human nature to destroy the one who would destroy you. All depends on which of these 'natures' is strongest.

Yeah, remember Schindler's list - Its not what you can do and do do with power; its what you choose not to do even having the power to do it that defines what you are as a culture and as individuals; this is particularly true of very powerful and very rich countries and individuals. The positive aspects are important, but the negative 'no' predominates.

"The heart of another man is darkness"

Unfortunately, most of us fail tests of ethical integrity when our actions are looked at in this light.

During the Cuban crisis the USA was prepared to go into all out Atomic war with Russia. It was Russia that backed down... in order to 'survive', but the USA would have risked it all to stay in power. I think they will go the same way again... when they start to loose it...

As has become public in the last year or two, a Russian Nuclear Missile officer on a Soviet vessel had orders to fire on attacking US Naval Vessels which were enforcing the Embargo. He refused to carry out his orders - if not, perhaps the world would've taken a very different turn back in October, 1962.

Unbeknownst to the Americans, the Cubans had tactical nukes defending their island. If the US had launched a land invasion, it would've gone nuclear. At the time of the crisis, US black Spec Ops teams were carrying out terrorrist attacks inside cuba. Kennedy was a freaking nutcase. Meglomaniac rich boy. Different party for the Party BOY, but still having a freaking PARTAY !

:o

You are a lucky man Pepe, cherish what you have. If you are feeling a little empty, then help someone else. You can't change the world, but maybe you can change the life of one person. No better feeling. :o

I guess thepoint is really is it saddens me sometimes to see what humans do to each other. I have volunteered thousands of hours to work with HIV?AIDS patients here.

Also distribute food to San Diego and Samut Sakorns' needy. That's all well and good.

The fact remains though, eventhough I have worked very hard and have been very fortunate, seeing the potential of what the world could be if we all worked together,as compared to the result of the constant strife of humanity just saddens me sometimes. It could be an incredible place here for everyone.

Imagine all the people No hunger, food for everyone, no greed brotherhood for all men. Imagine all the people living for the day.

I don't feel empty sometimes just a little overwheled... :D

No back to our regularly schedualed reality show. "All radical Muslim terrorists must die."... :D