Ham Hocks

Lost in LOS

when I was living in the US i could go to just about any Thai restaurant and order "ham hocks". looks similar to the pork leg they have boiling in the big pots here but it is not the same thing. do they have such a thing in Thailand? In Pattaya ? If so where, and what do I call this dish.? when i ask for it in Thai restaurants they look at me like I am crazy [good judge of character?]. i am hoping to find this dish, it is really good.

thanks

the hock as you call it is the shin bone from the feet to the Knee bone, Now ham hocks are smoked the pork hock is just plain pork meat boiled pork. if you then smoke it ham hock and then boil it you get ham

Nearest thing I can think of to what you describe is the ham hock, slightly smoked, very tender and with crispy skin - on the menu at Khun John restaurant by the side of Maprachan Lake.

It's on the menu in English, so I don't know what it would be called in Thai.

Nearest thing I can think of to what you describe is the ham hock, slightly smoked, very tender and with crispy skin - on the menu at Khun John restaurant by the side of Maprachan Lake.

It's on the menu in English, so I don't know what it would be called in Thai.

doesnt have crispy skin in the states but sounds like it might be what i am looking for. will give it a try

thanks