Can I Apply For A Work Permit ?

my wife ( married by thai law amphur ) has an office, for post DHL etc she works alone , but the business is reigstered in my company and she or the company would like to employ me is this possible, would i be ellible for a work permit ?? and if i am what are the implications

Your WP would be for the job of farang manager or farang customer services etc. Their might (likely) be a requirement for there to be 4 Thai staff to support your WP, and yes they do check and take copies of the Thai employee's ID cards. You will need to pay tax etc. on a salary of 50,000 Baht (depending on the country that you are from). The labor office and immigration carry out random checks to see if you are at the address given as your place of work from time to time. To extend your WP from the three months given on first application you will need to present company accounts to show that the business is in fact making money. If the company is a new venture you can make a loss for between 3-5 years depending on the structure.

<br />Your WP would be for the job of farang manager or farang customer services etc. Their might (likely) be a requirement for there to be 4 Thai staff to support your WP, and yes they do check and take copies of the Thai employee's ID cards. You will need to pay tax etc. on a salary of 50,000 Baht (depending on the country that you are from). The labor office and immigration carry out random checks to see if you are at the address given as your place of work from time to time. To extend your WP from the three months given on first application you will need to present company accounts to show that the business is in fact making money. If the company is a new venture you can make a loss for between 3-5 years depending on the structure.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

hum this is not correct.

as you are married with a thai citizen, only two employees are needed as your wife is one of them, you may want to employ her sister or a friend of her, no need to employ him/her really, just be sure that he/she's there or available IF the labour checker comes to knock at your door.

the minimum salary of 50k is only valid if you want an extension of stay of 1 year(no need to go out every 90 days) and will require you to report your adress every 90 days at the immigration office, for this, they will need to see the social security and salary paid of two employees as you are married.

a salary of 30k is usually accepted in all provinces but is always at the discretion of the labour department, take your information with them before you apply.