Windows Xp Sp3 Issues And Fixes

CosmicSurfer

FYI ....

PC Pitstop TechTalk > Windows XP SP3 Issues and Fixes

Interesting Stuff.

CS

I read all the horror stories before installing SP 3. I went ahead anyways because I had been having major problems and was ready to do a new XP Pro install. After downloading and installing SP 3 I was absolutely delighted to discover that all my problems had gone away and things are still working great.

I had blamed my hardware for most of the problems and if the new install didn't work the next step would have been a new motherboard and CPU.

My problem now is that everything is working so well that it's scary. Every time I boot up I'm afraid it is going to fail big time.

I read all the horror stories before installing SP 3. I went ahead anyways because I had been having major problems and was ready to do a new XP Pro install. After downloading and installing SP 3 I was absolutely delighted to discover that all my problems had gone away and things are still working great.

I had blamed my hardware for most of the problems and if the new install didn't work the next step would have been a new motherboard and CPU.

My problem now is that everything is working so well that it's scary. Every time I boot up I'm afraid it is going to fail big time.

I'm in the reverse position... Things are working reasonably well now and I'm paranoid about screwing things up.

I think I'll wait a while before I install it.

CS

If it's not broken, DON'T fix it. My problems were that I always thought I could make things better. I bought several speed up, clean up programs that apparently created a lot of problems. They are all GONE!

Guest Reimar

Gary now you need to install/upgrade to Vista and you may get some to complain again! :o (joking)

But the real is, Vista is more stable and more secure than XP but even need more hardware (double the memory for Vista!).

On the other hand, if using XP original and not a "Pantip" Copy, you'll have less problems. But that problems will starts again while using an original XP if you start to "play" with software around and if is only for "testing"! SP3 works fine and bring a bit improve to XP as well. But XP is a bit sensitive too!

Customers of mine which using mainly XP, I can direct classify and tell what's about their system, even without to checking before. Ihave customers which using XP since 2002 without any new install until now even if havy Internet users. Others are opposit many problems.

To know that people personally and their behavior, you know how the status of their system are.

Cheers.

Guest Reimar
As I only upgraded to SP3 a couple od days ago I am not sure about progressing to Vista.

Is it a free upgrade?

Does it work?

Most important, is it worth it?

There is never a free upgrade from one OS to a new onw, even from the same developer! :o Ans Apple isn't better as MS in this ways! :D

Cheers.

Gary now you need to install/upgrade to Vista and you may get some to complain again! :o (joking)

But the real is, Vista is more stable and more secure than XP but even need more hardware (double the memory for Vista!).

On the other hand, if using XP original and not a "Pantip" Copy, you'll have less problems. But that problems will starts again while using an original XP if you start to "play" with software around and if is only for "testing"! SP3 works fine and bring a bit improve to XP as well. But XP is a bit sensitive too!

Customers of mine which using mainly XP, I can direct classify and tell what's about their system, even without to checking before. Ihave customers which using XP since 2002 without any new install until now even if havy Internet users. Others are opposit many problems.

To know that people personally and their behavior, you know how the status of their system are.

Cheers.

I felt comfortable enough with SP3 that I updated my Lenovo laptop too. That too went smoothly and it is working well. Since it was already working well, I hesitated but went ahead anyways.

As I only upgraded to SP3 a couple od days ago I am not sure about progressing to Vista.

Is it a free upgrade?

Does it work?

There is never a free upgrade from one OS to a new onw, even from the same developer! :o Ans Apple isn't better as MS in this ways! :D

Cheers.

Hmmm, Linux? My upgrade to Hardy was free, flawless... Just kidding (I triple boot XP, Mac, Ubuntu).

Edited by talatnat

Is it a free upgrade?

Does it work?

There is never a free upgrade from one OS to a new onw, even from the same developer! :D Ans Apple isn't better as MS in this ways! :D

Cheers.

Rats

:D:o:D

Cheers.

Hello :D

Err.... how about LINUX? There are free upgrades all the time, and sometimes they even work :D I'm on Ubuntu and altough i did not do the "upgrade" routine but rather a clean install, going from 7.10 "Gutsy" to 8.04 "Hardy" is extremely similar to the Windows XP - Vista upgrade.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Guest Reimar

Cheers.

Hello :D

Err.... how about LINUX? There are free upgrades all the time, and sometimes they even work :D I'm on Ubuntu and altough i did not do the "upgrade" routine but rather a clean install, going from 7.10 "Gutsy" to 8.04 "Hardy" is extremely similar to the Windows XP - Vista upgrade.

Best regards.....

Thanh

NOT talking about Open Source!! :D

Cheers.