Bar Recommendation

girlx

has anyone been to vertigo and sirocco and which is better? thanks

Vertigo is less pretentious than Sirocco and the price difference reflects that. The views are similar but I think that Sirocco is slightly better. Overall I would probably recommend Vertigo...

What about the Crystal bar on Soi 20? nice little courtyard where you can chat etc no loud music.

Edited by ashacat

hmmm as my friend is a bit broke broke right now (english teacher) we're gonna try vino di zanotti near saladaeng rather than the more expensive viewpoint bars (next time)... but would love more suggestions for future nights out!

Edited by girlx

A few good sugestions, I like V9, Sirocco and Vertigo, but maybe if you are looking to be a little lighter on the budget why not go to Wine Loft on Soi 31 Sukhumvit? A little of the beaten track, but a pretty reasonable place IMO.

hmmm as my friend is a bit broke broke right now ................

In March, it was around £40 for a steak and £6 for a bottle of Heineken.

Forget it.

But any of the "British Style" pubs are OK (Londoner brew Pub, Hanrahan's etc.).

Most large Hotels have nice Bar areas. (Landmark, Marriott etc.).

Bus-Stop on Soi Nana is OK.

It's really all dependant on what you're after.

hmmm as my friend is a bit broke broke right now ................

In March, it was around £40 for a steak and £6 for a bottle of Heineken.

Forget it.

But any of the "British Style" pubs are OK (Londoner brew Pub, Hanrahan's etc.).

Most large Hotels have nice Bar areas. (Landmark, Marriott etc.).

Bus-Stop on Soi Nana is OK.

It's really all dependant on what you're after.

Wine............was'nt it :o

hmm we found vino zanotti completely boring and ditched our search for wine and just went down the street to have drinks at tapas on silom soi 4 instead. much more interesting time. :o

if tapas on soi 4 is in your budget, but the "viewpoint bars aren't check out nest on si 11 atop the fenix hotel. very chilled, big salas and beds on a rooftop. great view good atmosphere.

if tapas on soi 4 is in your budget, but the "viewpoint bars aren't check out nest on si 11 atop the fenix hotel. very chilled, big salas and beds on a rooftop. great view good atmosphere.

ooh thanks that sounds good!

• 3 weeks later...

i went to nest tonight and it is a lovely place, great drinks and decor etc. but what horrible music! they must have bought one of those 90's love ballads collections and put it on repeat! i mean, michael bolton??? why open a hip place like that and then make your customers want to slit their wrists after an hour there? someone should tip these guys off... otherwise i would have given it a rave review!

i went to nest tonight and it is a lovely place, great drinks and decor etc. but what horrible music! they must have bought one of those 90's love ballads collections and put it on repeat! i mean, michael bolton??? why open a hip place like that and then make your customers want to slit their wrists after an hour there? someone should tip these guys off... otherwise i would have given it a rave review!

Wow, that sucks. Hopefully it was a one night DJ issue, as I was planning on heading there this weekend.

never happened to me before there, dont give up, usually its chilled downtempo stuff. maybe the dj was a no show