English Man Drugged And Left On The Side Of The Road.

Pattaya_Fox

English man drugged and left on the side of the road.

In the early hours of Monday Morning we joined local Police and Sawang Boriboon Rescue Workers at Soi Yumet, Central Pattaya following reports of a foreigner who had collapsed at the side of the road. Mr. Edward Davies aged 59 from England was unconscious. Initially Police thought he was drunk, however there was no smell of alcohol on his breath. Mr. Davies was rushed to hospital and Doctors tell us that they suspect he was drugged and left in the area. Mr. Edwards was carrying his passport and flight ticket and only 10 Baht in Thai currency leading Police to suspect he was drugged and then robbed of cash and other valuables. Mr. Edwards will be questioned later on Monday when he recovers from the effect of the drugs.

Pattaya One News

9th June 2008

post-15964-1213011746_thumb.jpgpost-15964-1213011758_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1213011772_thumb.jpg

I wonder how the drugs were administered. Thai urban folklore usually features a spiked drink. However the nipple alternative is also widely rumoured.

Life can be tough in Thailand's "Fun City".

But seriously, I hope he makes a full recovery. Some of the drugs used illegally to incapacitate people have previously resulted in severe long term psychological problems for the victim.

yeah, call me a wussy but i've gotten considerably more leery over consuming

bottled drinks if i'm not able to witness their opening. this happens often enough

that we read about, and probably many more occurences just go unreported.

I am with Briggsy. Nipple application.

The ole: I'm gonna use the bathroom routine.

Here is a test I just thought of.

When your "date" comes out of the bathroom, wet your fingers and rub her nipples, then put your fingers in the girls mouth. If she shys away, refusing the fingers, well then. Try to feed her the fingers again.

Don't be an idiot and lick your fingers.

Get the woman out the door. If 100 baht does the trick, do it. Call security

If he'd been found in a drugged state in his room I'd go with the nipple application theory (although I did read somewhere that this was an urban myth - a usefull job for Mythbusters :D ). But lying drugged at the side of the road leads me to suspect something deposited in his drink and it had a faster effect than planned.

Another Pattaya rule : do not drink in establishments where you don't see the top coming off the bottle? Pretty well rules out all gogos and a hel_l of a lot of other places (like Jamesons :o ).

OK, Pattaya is a toilet, but this slipping drugs in bottles was going in in the UK when I was a young serviceman there, it happens all over. When will people learn you have to keep your wits about you all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder how the drugs were administered. Thai urban folklore usually features a spiked drink. However the nipple alternative is also widely rumoured.

But seriously, I hope he makes a full recovery. Some of the drugs used illegally to incapacitate people have previously resulted in severe long term psychological problems for the victim.

This happaened to a friend of mine near the nana, he went for coffee with 2 ( questionable ) ladies and one was feeding him peanuts,. he woke in the morning skint and looking like shit, rolled into the nana hotel about 9am !,...didnt have a sore @ss luckily :o

This happaened to a friend of mine near the nana, he went for coffee with 2 ( questionable ) ladies and one was feeding him peanuts,. he woke in the morning skint and looking like shit, rolled into the nana hotel about 9am !,...didnt have a sore @ss luckily :o

A friend of mine had a relative come over on holiday. She went out on Khao San and the next that was heard of her she was completely mental in police cells. In that state, she was unable to recognise her own relatives. The police took her to Christian Hospital, Silom, mental health dept. But they said they couldn't deal with her after a few days. The extremely odd and out of character behaviour continued for weeks. And now, years later, she still has problems. Prior to this, there was no history of mental health problems, no history of alcohol or drug abuse. We are talking about a woman in her late thirties here. No-one knows what she was drugged with if indeed she was. But the effects were terrible.

What kind of drug could they be using....does anyone have any idea, and how is it obtained?

Can't remember the name but its sold openly @ the Thai/Burma border checkpoint apparently.

I believe most wimmin use it whilst driving :o