Automatic Trans Pickup?

Is there such a thing as a decent pickup in Thailand that has an automatic transmission?

Nothing special, 4X2.

I know that Toyota offers an Auto Trans as an option on their 4 Runner and also on the 4 Door Pickup... Not sure of the costs as I was not interested, but have a friend (Thai) who has one on their new Pickup...

Pianoman

Our company bought a vigo spacecab auto trans last year (no scoop onn the hood) and it runs in benzene.

Drives ok but doesn't know fuel consumption - about 2k full tank.

We bought an Isuzu 4x2 double-cab with A/T about a month ago - pretty happy with it. Think it was around 750k - single cab/smaller engine (we got the 3L turbo) are quite a bit cheaper.

We get around 13.5 km/l in the Isuzu (diesel) - fairly mixed driving conditions and loads.

Things I don't like about it: the engine feels underpowered compared to the same sized one in our Fortuner (but is still adequate) and the steering is pretty vague, but heck I suppose it is a truck (and it's better than it was straight after delivery, as they had overinflated the tyres as usual). Oh, and according to the service book, the service interval is every 5000km all the way through!

Wish we'd gone with the 4x4 now - first time we took it up to our land in Khao Yai we got stuck and had to get a neighbour's tractor to pull us out...

Every pickup have AT. mitsubishi and nissan 2500cc toyota,izusu,chevy,3000cc.
I think you will find that some versions of popular makes of pickup made for the Thai market were not offered in automatic transmission, the current Tata Xenon for example is manual 4x2 only (I was lead to believe.)

My ford is manual (4x4), there was a few years they did an auto version but would depend on the year - 2005?

I think the question you need to ask is is there a decent pickup?

Every pickup have AT. mitsubishi and nissan 2500cc toyota,izusu,chevy,3000cc.
I think you will find that some versions of popular makes of pickup made for the Thai market were not offered in automatic transmission, the current Tata Xenon for example is manual 4x2 only (I was lead to believe.)

My ford is manual (4x4), there was a few years they did an auto version but would depend on the year - 2005?

I think the question you need to ask is is there a decent pickup?

Here is a link to a price list for most Brands and Models...

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/th/home.php?lang=en#

Interesting comparing the different Brands and Models...

Pianoman

• 3 weeks later...