Non Imm 'o' Visa

Hi, I got a non imm 'O' visa in my home country of Australia, 3 entries, each 90 days.

Just wondering if, when the visa expires and I return home, is there an amount of time I need to wait outside Thailand before I apply for another of the same visa?

Thanks in advance

Was not aware that such a visa was issued these days. Are you sure it says non immigrant O and three entry? What is the visa expiry date? Normal non immigrant visa issued these days is "multi" entry and the visa is valid for one year. A visa never says how long the entry will be.

Was not aware that such a visa was issued these days. Are you sure it says non immigrant O and three entry? What is the visa expiry date? Normal non immigrant visa issued these days is "multi" entry and the visa is valid for one year. A visa never says how long the entry will be.

Hi Lopburi, 'non-imm', 'good for 3 journeys', it was issued on 21 jan 04, and must be used before 21 jul 04.

Cheers

Are we in a time warp? How can you be here on 27 September if your visa expired on 21 Jul 04? Or are you on overstay? Have you really checked your visa stamp? Any visa valid for six months if issued on 21 jan 04 should have 20 jul 04 as expiration date AFAIK.

There is no requirement to remain outside of Thailand but then I have no idea how or what you have.

Have read all your posts and see you have a Thai wife (although you deny supporting a Thai wife in another post but I guess that is because she is not living in Thailand?). Also is seems you may be on a 30 day stay rather than your expired visa (I hope). Don't know whey the place you used would have issued you a three entry O visa as you normally get a multi entry in your home county if married to a Thai. Nor can I explain why they would misdate the visa unless this is something new (I have been on extensions for a few years but I still think it is wrong).

You can not "renew" a visa inside Thailand but if you qualify as supporting a Thai wife or with work and have the required proof you can extend your stay inside Thailand. Depending on reason for your visa you may be able to renew at a nearby Consulate. But home country is usually best for least documentation needed.

Thanks lopburi3, but can i put it in a lame man's word as i am abit slow in this.

1) I can renew in LOS if i meet the requirements that has been drawn for this Visa, right?

2) I can get a new non-immigrant O at my own country with the same documents that i have provided for my first visa. right?

sorry just want to get things clear here.

Explorer

1. You can extend your current visa for one year at a time by meeting the requirements such as 400k for support of wife. This is not a new or renewal of your visa but an extension of stay so that is why we say you can not re new your visa.

2. I don't know what your provided for proof and conditions can change. But in general that is the drill. Be aware that there has been a move over the last year to only issue non immigrant visa in the amount of time a Consulate thinks you need to apply for an extension of stay rather than continued visas. This is not a firm policy and may never be but it is the case in some locations so it is best to ask about specific places and circumstances.

Are we in a time warp?  How can you be here on 27 September if your visa expired on 21 Jul 04?  Or are you on overstay?  Have you really checked your visa stamp?  Any visa valid for six months if issued on 21 jan 04 should have 20 jul 04 as expiration date AFAIK.

There is no requirement to remain outside of Thailand but then I have no idea how or what you have.

Hi Lopburi, the visa doesn't expire on 21 Jul, the last of the 3 90 day entries had to be used before that date. I'm still here beacuse I went down to Immi last month and got an extension.

CHeers

Hi Lopburi, the visa doesn't expire on 21 Jul, the last of the 3 90 day entries had to be used before that date. I'm still here beacuse I went down to Immi last month and got an extension.

CHeers

But if you have a non immigrant visa you would not have needed an extension last month as your 90 day stay with an entry near 21 July would take you until mid October. Have you been getting 90 days stay stamp when you enter Thailand or have you had to extend your stay each time to make the 90 days?

In amswer to the real question.

No there is no waiting period before you can get a new visa and come back.

Just apply, then hop on the plane.

Try the consul in Brisbane, he will probably give you a one year, multi-entry O.

Edited by astral

But if you have a non immigrant visa you would not have needed an extension last month as your 90 day stay with an entry near 21 July would take you until mid October.  Have you been getting 90 days stay stamp when you enter Thailand or have you had to extend your stay each time to make the 90 days?

I used the last entry on 16 JUL, which took me to 13 OCT, added another 30 days on that to take me to mid NOV. I've been getting 90 days each entry, only had to get the extension this last time

I used the last entry on 16 JUL, which took me to 13 OCT, added another 30 days on that to take me to mid NOV. I've been getting 90 days each entry, only had to get the extension this last time

Now mussen, this took quite some posts to clarify your situation. :o

Can you apply by mail in Brizzie?

Yes.

Click here, point 7:

http://www.thaiconsulate.org.au/forms/visa-instruction.doc

Now mussen, this took quite some posts to clarify your situation. :o

Can you apply by mail in Brizzie?

Yes.

Click here, point 7:

http://www.thaiconsulate.org.au/forms/visa-instruction.doc

Thanks Axel, just curious, what visa is that application for? Is it for a 1 year non-imm 'O'? It is the same application as I've used several times previously and received 90 day triple entry visa (non-imm 'O' also)