Traffic Congestion In Pattaya

gmac

post-36175-1213263884_thumb.jpg

To help ease the traffic congestion in Pattaya maybe this option should adopted on 2nd Road and Beach Road - I'm sure the BiB would love the confusion it would cause!. Obviously this wouldn't apply to motorcycles as they already do this at all times anyway!

Can't wait for the new administration to roll out the 'never-been-thought-of-before' Beach Road pedestrian zone idea. Only Friday through Sunday of course.

I was thinking if they really must, why not just make it pedestrian only from WS north to Center Road and leave the north half of Beach Road as it is?

And instead of a solid pedestrian zone, break it up into 'islands' with some soi's being designated for access to/from Beach Road like soi 11 to the beach and soi 10 away and soi postoffice to the beach and soi yamato away. Gives two points where trade vehicles and baht buses can get down there and back.

post-36175-1213263884_thumb.jpg

To help ease the traffic congestion in Pattaya maybe this option should adopted on 2nd Road and Beach Road - I'm sure the BiB would love the confusion it would cause!. Obviously this wouldn't apply to motorcycles as they already do this at all times anyway!

Great idea! Apart from the centre arrow that should be pointing the other way. :o

Don't worry about it. The new mayor has promised a new efficient tram system. That will be the end of the congestion. :D

I forgot about the trams - a tramline down the centre of the road Baht buses to each side and motorcy taxis filling any gaps that they might inadvertently leave! :o

Don't worry about it. The new mayor has promised a new efficient tram system. That will be the end of the congestion. :o

don't forget the subway (to be) from Naklua to Walking Street! :D