Road Sign Question

angelal

Ok, so I was on a day-trip up to Chiang Rai today - from Chiang Mai - and the tour van I was riding in passed a road sign that truly baffled me. I saw the same sign several more times, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get a picture.

Basically, the background was brown, and there was a picture (roadsign-style sketch picture) of - from left to right - a fallen tree, flames, and two deer running away. I have pondered the possible meanings of this sign, and the best I can come up with is that this sign depicts arsonist deer, which scamper through the forest leaving swaths of smoldering destruction in their wake.

As much as that idea appeals to my weird side, I somehow doubt that's what the sign is actually supposed to be communicating. Can anyone enlighten me as to the true meaning? (Also, if anyone has a photo of this sign, I'd love to have a copy!)

Thanks!

Angela

I remember seeing those signs while up north, too. My best guesses...

1) reminder to be cautious about inadvertently starting a forest fire through carelessness

2) caution about wildlife crossing the highway in the event of brush fire or forest fire

1) reminder to be cautious about inadvertently starting a forest fire through carelessness

Yup, I reckon that's it. There are similar signs around camp sites and car parks in the New Forest (UK) although they usually have wording to that effect as well.

Edited by Crossy

Yup, I reckon that's it. There are similar signs around camp sites and car parks in the New Forest (UK) although they usually have wording to that effect as well.

Ah, well, that's one mystery solved then! Thanks.

Edited by angelal