Taking Photos Of My Travels In Bangkok

kaye

Just wondering when others go on their travels

how do they store their photos so it is not mistakenly

erased or lost ?

Uploading onto the internet and storing them online ?

Upload to a usb storage thingy and keep that safe ?

also personal papers cameras...carry in a backpack or some waist pouch ?

Edited by kaye

erased or lost ?

Go to any photo shop and have have the pictures burned onto CD. Uploading 500MB of pictures at a time can be annoying with Thailand internet speeds :o

Go to any photo shop and have have the pictures burned onto CD. Uploading 500MB of pictures at a time can be annoying with Thailand internet speeds :o

Only 500MB? My Casio camera has 2GB SSD mem stick and it is 2.5 years old.

I would buy an external disk, small one by size (thinner than a pack of cigarettes) 80 to 120GB and download my pics onto it in any internet caffee..

I would buy an external disk, small one by size (thinner than a pack of cigarettes) 80 to 120GB and download my pics onto it in any internet caffee..

Buy another memory card, change when full, sort them out when you get home.

Buy another memory card, change when full, sort them out when you get home.

At 2.1 Mpixels (minimum that I can choose, 1600x1200) 2 GB mem stick goes 2350 pictures, no videos.

If more than that is required, well, another mem card would do.

If even more....then, I don't know other than external disk. 2 mem cards would cost the same if not more than 30-40 times bigger external disk.

Hi everyone!

My name is Alex, I am from England, UK and next month I will be traveling to Thailand for the first time, yay! I simply cannot wait, I have heard amazing things about Thailand and cant wait to get out there!

I am traveling with my girlfriend (Natasha) we will be staying in Bangkok for a week, then traveling onward to Phuket for a week.

Welcome to Thai Visa and Thailand B)

Secondly, about currency - currently 1 Pound Sterling = 64.1 Thai Bhat's, but the best rate I can find at the beauros here is 58.1, will I get a better exchange rate in Bangkok?

K Bank Exchange Rates

Finally, I will be traveling around Thailand with my girlfriend and she is slightly worried about the 'exotic ladies' approacing us, I would just like to know how common this?

Thanks.

Use Traveller Cheques with a Credit Card as was mentioned. You can change some of your cheques at the Airport open 24 hrs, in to Thai Baht.

Please do not change any currency in hotels as there rates are ........... :D ............. say no more.

Please make sure that your Traveller Cheques numbers are with some one back home together with copies of both of yours passports. One idea is to scan your passport and post it to yourself on hotmail/yahoo/gmail or other sites that you use. Plenty of CyberCafes in Thailand, please do not forget to log out when leaving.

It is our rainy season now, but we do have some sunny days.

Whilst in Thailand and should you have time visit Kanchanaburi “The Bridge over the River Kwai (Khwae) west of Bangkok about a couple of hours by bus.

If you have time visit Thailand as I see it

Have safe trip both of you and enjoy this part of the world that we live in :D

Kan Win :D

erased or lost ?

May one recommend me post above, which is highlighted in bold regarding personal papers.

As for storing your photos whilst traveling without lose, Upload them on a secure internet site like I mentioned pbase.com, for a few dollars, keep them in a private folder, and then review your photos when back home and down-load them at your will.

Looking at the other posts, should you wish to risk backing them up on memory card/stick and/or CD, good luck. :o

Kan Win :D

P.S. The holiday was great, but..............................no photos :D sorry :D

Thanks for all your advice...I bought a 4gb memory

for my camera...and what I plan to do is upload on the internet

(I already have a storage place)

as well as keep them on the memory card and also possibly

burn them on my cd after transferring/copying them to my laptop...

There... that should cover all bases...LOL I am so paranoid

about losing all my holiday photos...lol...

As for my documents...I have made all copies passport/itinerary/insurance

and have gave my mum a copy...emailed myself copies...and also printed them too

to carry with me... :o

My first few trips I had a CD burned. It was cheap and fast and put the compatible services and charges available in the USA to shame. Last few trips I would download photos to the internet evrey other week or so. I am about to get a new camera, and I am sure I will pick up a bigger memory stick too. The capacity and price keep going in the right direction.

One note was I had originally uploaded my photos to Yahoo photos. Then Yahoo stopped their photo service. So, might be a good idea to keep hard copies around either on your PC or on a stick or a CD for future reference. You never know when a site will go out of business.