Nintendo Wii - Can I Bring A Pal Model Here?

LuckyLucas

yes an Uk wii will work in Thailand. Not sure about games working but would assume they would as all consoles are universal these days bar Japanese models. If you buy from a reputable dealer much the same price as UK.

Hi, getting ready to move to the LOS...

Will a NTSC US model Wii work in Thai? Would you just replace the cable that goes from the wii to the TV? Also, does anyone know if I had to buy a new wii in Thai, would a Wii Fit from the US work on the Thai Model?

• 8 months later...
Hi, getting ready to move to the LOS...

Will a NTSC US model Wii work in Thai? Would you just replace the cable that goes from the wii to the TV? Also, does anyone know if I had to buy a new wii in Thai, would a Wii Fit from the US work on the Thai Model?

I have the same question. I'd really hate to have to replace my console and games, so I'm hoping that the US Wii will work. If it can work, what modifications will I need to do (converter?, transformer?, adapter? cables?)? Thanks!

being a modchip installer in my country, i can reply to you.

the wii region can be changed with a simple utility so no worry about region compatibility, this does apply only in case or your modchip isn't able to do it(most modchips do).

your ntsc wii or pal wii will work perfectly if used on a lcd but then prefer the YUV cable to get an acceptable quality of image(480p), if you plan to connect it to a regular TV, the american wii(ntsc) may be a problem if your tv doesn't accept this kind of signal wich will result in a black and white image, thai televisions use pal standard.