Suvarnabhumi To Bang Phli By Taxi

oevna

Hello all,

I will be arriving at Suvarnabhumi at midnight in a couple weeks, and will be staying in Tambol Bang Phli Yai, Amphoe Bang Phli, Samut Prakan Province (ต. บางพลีใหญ่ อ. บางพลี จ. สมุทรปราการ). This is well outside of the Bangkok metropolitan area. I figure from maps and highway distances, it will be about a 35 minute drive from Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

My question is, is it likely that I will run into hassles taking a taxi? In the past I have occasionally had difficulty getting a taxi to take me to places outside of the metro area, presumably because the driver figures it will be hard to get a fare back to his home turf.

Regards,

-oev

Hello all,

I will be arriving at Suvarnabhumi at midnight in a couple weeks, and will be staying in Tambol Bang Phli Yai, Amphoe Bang Phli, Samut Prakan Province (ต. บางพลีใหญ่ อ. บางพลี จ. สมุทรปราการ). This is well outside of the Bangkok metropolitan area. I figure from maps and highway distances, it will be about a 35 minute drive from Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

My question is, is it likely that I will run into hassles taking a taxi? In the past I have occasionally had difficulty getting a taxi to take me to places outside of the metro area, presumably because the driver figures it will be hard to get a fare back to his home turf.

Regards,

-oev

I do not think you should have any problems once you actually get into the taxi. Depending on how far your destination is from the exist of the new highway (extension of route 9 still free of toll) it would be more like 20 minutes from the terminal.Th price should be between 150 and 200 baht.

Lots of taxis roam around the major roads like Theeparak and Srinakarin and pick up fares all night

Bang Phli Yai is 20 minutes from Suvarnabhumi at a cost of about 130 baht, if I recall correctly (plus 50 baht airport surcharge). Are you going to the Sananwan Palace? If so, just say "Wat Bang Plee Yai, Luang Pho Tho." When the temple comes in to sight, watch out for the Sananwan Palace sign on the left. Then it's a left turn down a side soi (lane) about maybe 200 metres. ALL taxi drivers know where Bang Phli Yai is, and the Luang Pho Tho is a revered religious image known throughout Thailand. If you don't feel confident about this, the Sananwan will pick you up at a cost of 500 baht.

Thank you Krub and BillP for your informative responses.

Where I will be staying is just off of Thepharak Rd., about 4 km West of Big C (the Big C is near Wat Bang Plee Yai Klang). It sounds like taking a taxi will be fine, so I will do that. I will be arriving after midnight, so hopefully traffic won't be too bad.

Regards,

-oev

Thank you Krub and BillP for your informative responses.

Where I will be staying is just off of Thepharak Rd., about 4 km West of Big C (the Big C is near Wat Bang Plee Yai Klang). It sounds like taking a taxi will be fine, so I will do that. I will be arriving after midnight, so hopefully traffic won't be too bad.

Regards,

-oev

I know the Big C on Thepharak. If the taxi takes the highway diretcion Bangkok then truns left on route 9 straight accross Bang Na Trat the first exit isfor Thepharak.

It should not take more than 25 minutes and at that time of the night no traffic at all

There are road works near the Big C but should not be a problem at night

• 2 weeks later...