Chinese Embassy. Open When? Fee?

I got a visa with no hassles but I used an agent. Suggest you do the same.

Fee for a Brit passport is 1,200 baht and I paid 2,000 to the agent but since I'm in Pattaya it was worth not having to take 2 days off work and do the trip twice.

I believe it's more expensive for a US passport.

At which times can you apply for a visa and which times can I collect the passport from the Chinese embassy in Bangkok? Anyone knows the fee for a regular tourist visa?

The Consulate on Ratchadapisake Road is open from 09:00 until 11:30, Monday to Friday (except holidays).

Be careful, the Chinese are very strict about the documents required...I know, I went to Shanghai 15 days ago...

A confirmed airline ticket to and from wherever you need to go and an proof of hotel reservation are a must.

I got my Chinese Visa in BKK in Mrach '08. This was BEFORE the Chinese Visa Changes. The process was like this:

The Chinese Embassy is at 57 Rachadapisake Road. This is the extension of Sukhumvit Soi Asoke (Soi 21) and the Embassy is just north of Fortune IT Mall. To get there take the Subway and use the north-western exit at Phra Ram station. Walk 5 minutes north, past the Fortune Mall, the Tesco Lotus supermarket and a new high rise which is under construction. The visa section is in on the 2nd floor of the next building, a medium high rise, just before you'd come to the embassy proper. Open for visa application 9-11:30am, pick-up 3-4pm.

The place was very busy, more than 100 people applying, a lot of them agents with a stack of dozens of passports. Still, it was a breeze. First, get a form and take a number. Although I had arrived rather late at 10:45 and my number was called only at 11:50, after the stated closing time of 11:30, I could still hand in my form. With the trip to Mongolia, I needed a half-year double entry visa and again I opted for the 1 day express fee and was surprised that I was told to pick it up the same afternoon at 3pm! Which meant I saved the extra trip because I could hang around the mall next door for a few hours. At pick-up one has to line up at the cashier's window, pay the fee and get the passport at the next window. Even though there were about 30 people lining up, it took less than 10 minutes.

Prices in Thai Baht for Chinese visa (this is the complete list as it is posted at the embassy):

Country /Service Type/ Single Entry/ Double Entry/ Half year multiple/ One year multiple

Thai/ 1 day/ 2200/ 3200/ 4200/ 5700

2-3 days/ 1800/ 2800/ 3800/ 5300

4 days/ 1000/ 2000/ 3000/ 4500

USA/ 1 day/ 5600/ 5600/ 5600/ 5600

2-3 days/ 5200/ 5200/ 5200/ 5200

4 days/ 4400/ 4400/ 4400/ 4400

other countries/1 day/ 2300/ 2850/ 3400/ 4500

2-3 days/ 1900/ 2450/ 3000/ 4100

4 days/ 1100/ 1650/ 2200/ 3300

US citizens: There is an additional sign saying "The price for all visas is 4400 Baht. Express fee will not be charged." I don't know if that means that all visas for US citizens can be picked up the same day, or if it means that only the 4-day service is available.

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK HOW THE PROCESS/COSTS/REQUIREMENTS HAVE CHANGED SINCE MARCH 2008!

A good place to look is the Lonely Planet Forum

• 1 year later...
I got my Chinese Visa in BKK in Mrach '08. This was BEFORE the Chinese Visa Changes. The process was like this:

The Chinese Embassy is at 57 Rachadapisake Road. This is the extension of Sukhumvit Soi Asoke (Soi 21) and the Embassy is just north of Fortune IT Mall....

Great post. Thanks

No Tourist Visas being issued by Chinese Embassies currently because of National Day October 1st

• 2 weeks later...

The Chinese Embassy is at 57 Rachadapisake Road. This is the extension of Sukhumvit Soi Asoke (Soi 21) and the Embassy is just north of Fortune IT Mall....

Great post. Thanks

No Tourist Visas being issued by Chinese Embassies currently because of National Day October 1st

If you are going to post information, please make sure it is accurate. I was in the Chinese embassy today and put in my tourist visa application at 9 am and picked it up at 3 pm. The embassy will be closed from the 1st til the 8th of October.

Kudos to the Chinese Embassy and staff as I only spent 10 minutes in there in total and the whole process of getting a visa was totally painless, unlike a lot of other embassies. Also another nice thing is you pay when you get the visa, not when you lodge the application.