Electronic Cigarette (e-cigarette) In Chiang Mai

jobje3

I checked the net before coming to Thailand & Thai law states that it's illegal to buy or to possess ecigarettes. Surprise because Thais don't usually buy into western health fads. I can only think this ban on e-cigs is based on economics.

I love/d my e-cig, many times preferring it to a real one. But then I developed a killer cough - not only did I have congested lungs but sore throat & unpleasant "tickling" which provoked hideous coughing spasms. Maybe it was swine flu or something else. I stopped the e-cig and went back to regulars. Now am much better & just tried my e-cig yesterday. Irritated throat and coughing ensued. Hmmm.... Maybe I'm allergic? Has anyone else had this problem? Ideas?

One neat thing: I discovered a new use for the ecig while I was sick. I made a fluval filter & wiped a small amount of white tiger balm on it - stuck it in and used water for the atomiser. Felt fantastic & much more fun than huddling over a bowl of steaming water with a towel over my head!

Probably no one has paid the Thai TGA enough tea money to get the stuff an Or Yor yet. No payee no registration, yet another corrupt government department.

You can order "smoke juice" online - presumably it would be available if ecigs were legalized. You just refill your filter.

My experience was that ecig satisfied so that I didn't really care about real cigs much. I could envision stopping. But I think a large percentage of us don't really want to stop, so ecig is a great alternative (if you're not allergic). Bottom line: I wouldn't think of it as a tool for stopping but rather a sensible alternative.

• 1 month later...

I know this topic has been dead for a while but... this is where I get all my e-cig stuff, the guy is in Bangkok and he is great to deal with not to mention he sends COD (50B fee for the post office) thus you know you are getting your order. I have found his prices in most cases to be the lowest and at worst in line with other companies. The only draw back for some of you may be that the site is in Thai, also when ordering make sure to check your quantities before check out the site seems to have a glitch and increases the total items ordered.

http://ecigarette.tarad.com/

• 1 month later...
Sounds cool, never heard of this before so thanks for the link.

I guess you can start off with the full strength and wean yourself down. I'd love to give that a try, so as an addition to the OP does anyone know if these are available in Pattaya.

Sure I can get em mail me on pawncom at gmx dot net

Edited by canukbob