Exchange Rate Used At Suan Plu

Can anybody tell me the exchange rate between the Pound Sterling and the Thai Baht used at Suan Plu?

I am re-starting my Thai wife visa again next month(I forgot a re-entry stamp and it cost me the Thai wife visa) and went to Suan Plu this morning to check on the documentation they require and a male Thai official I have not seen before told me that the Immigration department use a rate of 60 Baht to 1 Pound.

I explained that as far as I can remember the rate has never been that low sinc 1997, but he told me that it is correct.

Is he wrong or where is the exchange rate laid down?

Regards

Billd766

Don't know why you are getting into a dialogue with them about Exchange Rates. They are not bankers or currency dealers?

Quite simply, they want to see deposits (telegraphic transfer with supporting paperwork from the issuing UK bank in my case) in Thai Baht made into a Thai bank account. B400,000 annually, or B40,000 per month proof of income in Baht.

It is not that simple. If you apply for your first non imm visa extension and have a letter from your embasey eks, pension and not bankstatement they will use a currency who is far away from todays currency. Norwegian currency is 4,35 in suan plu, but I think in Bangkok Bank NKR is over 6 now. Bring a copy with latest rates from Krung Thai, the national bank currency they use in suan plu.

Don't know why you are getting into a dialogue with them about Exchange Rates. They are not bankers or currency dealers?

Quite simply, they want to see deposits (telegraphic transfer with supporting paperwork from the issuing UK bank in my case) in Thai Baht made into a Thai bank account. B400,000 annually, or B40,000 per month proof of income in Baht.

Dah Farang

I pointed out to the guy that the rate that day was 73.93 and the difference between the 2 rates on GBP 10,000 is either 600,000 baht at his rate or 739,300 at the current rate which is 139,000 Baht a year.

The other problem is that banks are not the people who issue you with a visa but the staff at Suan Plu.

My question was simply is there an official exchange rate, and if so, what is it and where can this rate be found in the Immigration Department?