Motorbike With Sidecar

hello .. when we lived in phuket we had a bike with a metal sidecar crate thing on the side .. do they have these too on the island .. i assume they do as they seemed to be many locals mode of traffic in phuket .... if they do can they be hired? .. and does anyone know from where and at what cost

i prefer this to a bike as it seemed a lot safer

hello .. when we lived in phuket we had a bike with a metal sidecar crate thing on the side .. do they have these too on the island .. i assume they do as they seemed to be many locals mode of traffic in phuket .... if they do can they be hired? .. and does anyone know from where and at what cost

Sorry, not that I know off!

there is a guy who makes side cars here but i have not seen any for hire sorry

My wife has always told me that they are really hard to control. which is probably why you hardly ever see any going at more than walking speed.

Safer ..........I dont think so.........remember they are not factory built but do-it-yourself jobs.

HL :o

My wife has always told me that they are really hard to control. which is probably why you hardly ever see any going at more than walking speed.

Safer ..........I dont think so.........remember they are not factory built but do-it-yourself jobs.

HL :D

She's got that right, Happylarry! I once tried going fast on one and wham! :o it's the steering on corners thats the worst.

Edited by SamuiJens

you probably wouldn't be able to hire one because they are a bit hard to control if you haven't driven them before. I have one and I am fine with it now, but for the first few days it took me a while to get the balance down. If you don't sit on it right then you get loads of 'head shake' which is the front wheel violently going back and forth as you try to control it. doesn't happen to me anymore, but everyone that wants to drive it gives it right back saying they can't control it. I would never rent out my motorcycle with sidecar for that very reason.