Super Nintendo

JitsBoxer

There is a little gold mine of a shop on the 6th floor of MBK (in the "market" style section) which sells loads of classic systems and games, including SNES, Megadrive, original game boys, Neo Geo's etc etc. Also all the vintage games from yesteryear! :o

Yep Ocorner is the place, they actually have 2 branches in MBK but I believe the 6th floor branch is the one with the retro stuff.

MBK Centre , 6th Floor Zone Paco, Rooms 44/45

089 2104411

If you happen to go down there do me a favour and see if they any video cables for an N64 :o

But be warned the prices are quite steep due to the rarity of these consoles! You may even find it cheaper to order one from ebay US/UK and have it shipped here.

Totally agree that emulation is the way to go. You really don't even need a 'good computer'. I used to run a SNES emulator flawlessly on a p3 1000, with 256mb ram. This kinda thing you can get for peanuts at MBK (possibly less than a SNES itself, plus you get a computer and all the games you could ever think of). I realize the nostalgia-factor for a real SNES, but emulation really is a viable option for you.

BFD!

I did not know about that shop in MBK. I better check that out.

Ebay is undoubtedly the best source for retro gaming...but the shipping is usually more expensive than the games and every now and agaion Thai customs will take a cut.

I collect retro consoles and games, but mostly Atari stuff - every console and variation and over 700 cartridges. Also collect Intellivision, Colecovision early Pong consoles and have at least every other major console and some games, but Atari is my main collection. Have a lot of rare and cool stuff.

Also have every handheld device ever made and thousands of games. My favorite is the Lynx Version 1 if anyone remembers it.

My wife thinks I'm crazy. But she'd really think I was crazy if only she knew how much money I really spent.

Another option besides emulation, or picking up an old console, would be to get a Nintendo Wii. You can buy A Link to the Past and a lot of other classic SNES games online and play them on your Wii.