Golden Gate Bridge

Nordlys

Crap title - I'd have called it something like "The Last Post" or the like :D

BUT what a good shot again - lovely composition, DOF and it suits B+W - all you needed was a jumper in the frame! :o

I don't think that shot could be bettered, the 1/3rds rule is spot on, angles everywhere - good stuff

Love it - great

p.s. remove the vignetting

Edited by The Vulcan

Thank you for the compliment.

Do you think it would have looked better had I used smaller aperture for greater depth of field?

Yeah, maybe I should have waited for some tourist to lean over the railing. But it was so cold on the bridge because of both the temperature and ocean wind (albeit very intense shine), I just snapped a few shot there and walked off pretty quickly. There wre six of those phones on that side of the bridge (bay side), probably another six on the other side. I heard there's an average of one person jumping from GG bridge in average year. I didn't come across any suicidal looking person on the GG bridge, but I did at the another landmark bridge but in San Diego, on Coronado bridge. A person surrounded by police officers on a bridge strictly limited to vehicle traffic.

Can Lightroom remove vignetting? Not my Silkypix.

The title - I wanted the picture to speak for itself. :o

Thank you for the compliment.

Do you think it would have looked better had I used smaller aperture for greater depth of field?

No - 1/[email protected] was good on this - the DOF on this is spot on for me - with the backgound out of focus it keeps my eyes on the main interest of the sign

Yeah, maybe I should have waited for some tourist to lean over the railing. But it was so cold on the bridge because of both the temperature and ocean wind (albeit very intense shine), I just snapped a few shot there and walked off pretty quickly. There wre six of those phones on that side of the bridge (bay side), probably another six on the other side. I heard there's an average of one person jumping from GG bridge in average year. I didn't come across any suicidal looking person on the GG bridge, but I did at the another landmark bridge but in San Diego, on Coronado bridge. A person surrounded by police officers on a bridge strictly limited to vehicle traffic.

Can Lightroom remove vignetting? Not my Silkypix.

Lightroom does EVERYTHING - Silky does in fact "sort of" adjust vignetting - you need to use "lens aberration controller" - click on shading and adjust the angle and amount, then re-adjust exposure. Clunky but it works - Lightroom is a LOT easier than that!

btw - you've got some wicked barrel on that shot! Here's a mod to your image using SilkyPix - straightened things out a bit a removed vignetting - sorry about the light at the rightside - haven't used SP for yonks and just a "quickie"

The title - I wanted the picture to speak for itself. :o

Edited by The Vulcan

Lightroom does EVERYTHING - Silky does in fact "sort of" adjust vignetting - you need to use "lens aberration controller" - click on shading and adjust the angle and amount, then re-adjust exposure. Clunky but it works - Lightroom is a LOT easier than that!

Not my free version SilkyPix. :o

I really need to get the HDD of my MBP replaced to 250GB soon.

btw - you've got some wicked barrel on that shot! Here's a mod to your image using SilkyPix - straightened things out a bit a removed vignetting - sorry about the light at the rightside - haven't used SP for yonks and just a "quickie"

Yes, EF24-105mm F4L IS has a big issue with vignetting and barrel distortion. Otherwise it's a great lens.

I heard there's an average of one person jumping from GG bridge in average year.

I meant to say one person every two weeks in average year.

Actually I'm glad you re-directed me to Silkypix.

I've got the paid version ( :o ) and the aberration, vertical and horizontal controls are great. Much better than what I'm using now.

I figure that with Lightroom, SilkyPix and CS2 I've got all the tools man could ever want.

Now, if I can just sought out my sharpening and noise software I'll be in seventh heaven :D