Help Needed, Nokia N81 & Connecting To True Via Bluetooth And Acer Laptop!

funfun

hi, im stuck again,

just bought a nokia n81, and connected via bluetooth to laptop, (acer aspire 5051) now when i try dial up as i normally do with my 5300 it comes up dial no which i have preset to *99# then it connects and the n81 says accept or whatever then i enter yes then an error shows up on computor screen?

any ideas?

its the same sim card as i normally use, true package free calls and unlimited internet

i think its probobly somthing i havent set up in phone settings, but not sure at all

sorry one more thing, my old 5300 used to say somthing like connect to pattya4u (computors name from shop) now this new one lights up connect to true?

any help on this would be great, again if you can help please write it so an idiot can understand!

cheers

chris

What OS are you using i would say properly say by the sounds of it that the bluetooth Modem driver isnt intstalled correctly

"What OS ? windows xp??? if thats what you mean?

"bluetooth Modem driver isnt intstalled correctly"

possible but ive bluetoothed music on!

any more bangkok?

cheers

chris

Bluetooth music hasnt got anything to do with the modem its a seperate driver....have a look in device manager for the nokia bluetooth modem and properties and query modem see if any infomation comes up..if it does then thats fine if it doesnt then that will be youir problem

cant see modem properties in nokia bit, but it says

"bkuetooth (widcomm) with a tick at side

above thougth its got

"bluetooth microsoft" without a tick and it wont let me tick it, not sure if i should but i tried and it says gotta put disc back in what do you think?

i rhink that might be your problem..their is aq bit of a problem with Nokia bluetooth somewtimes it will show up as a Nokia Bluetooth device and other times it will say Microsoft Bluetooth or Standard bluetooth...

What does it say for modems in device manager????

Have you re-paired the new phone since you brought it, in Nokia connection manager?

Check all that and post back or...what i would do is...

Turn off your bluetooth for a minute then re-install Nokia Suite then reboot the PC/Laptop then turn bluetooth back on on your phone then open up Nokia Connection manager then re-pair the N81 and come back to me

Also check that your Laptop is showing as a paired device on your phone

i rhink that might be your problem..their is aq bit of a problem with Nokia bluetooth somewtimes it will show up as a Nokia Bluetooth device and other times it will say Microsoft Bluetooth or Standard bluetooth...

What does it say for modems in device manager????

Have you re-paired the new phone since you brought it, in Nokia connection manager?

Check all that and post back or...what i would do is...

Turn off your bluetooth for a minute then re-install Nokia Suite then reboot the PC/Laptop then turn bluetooth back on on your phone then open up Nokia Connection manager then re-pair the N81 and come back to me

Also check that your Laptop is showing as a paired device on your phone

wha heeeeeeeeyyyyyy!

we done it cheers bangkok, true move sent a sms to phone with some settings for me, then it still wouldnt work so went back to your device manager post and still couldnt find it on nokia suite but found one touch access wizard and opened that and all went off and it did it all them selfes spot on!

cheers agan bangkok!

chris

ps all the above done whilst bieng nagged to take it to big c where i got it or tuk com!

"JoikuSpot on the N81."

i just looked on ma nokia for that and i cant see it, is it somthing you download first?

only had phone a couple of days so no used to it yet, so if its already on point me in right direction!

cheers

chris