Confused !

I am confused, can anyone help to reassure me?

Background: I am a UK national and have been in Thailand for two years. In the last couple of weeks my employing company has changed, my existing work permit was cancelled along with my Non-Imm B , and a new work permit has now been issued with an expiry date of May 2009.

What I am not sure about is the visa side of things. Right now all I have is an extension of stay stamp which expires on the same day as my work permit. I do not have any kind of visa.

Is it a simple process to apply for a new multi-entry Non-B ? Do I even need to apply for one ? What happens if I need to leave the country in the meantime ? Is it simple to come back with just that extension of stay stamp ?

Any help is, as always, very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Background: I am a UK national and have been in Thailand for two years. In the last couple of weeks my employing company has changed, my existing work permit was cancelled along with my Non-Imm B , and a new work permit has now been issued with an expiry date of May 2009.

What I am not sure about is the visa side of things. Right now all I have is an extension of stay stamp which expires on the same day as my work permit. I do not have any kind of visa.

Is it a simple process to apply for a new multi-entry Non-B ? Do I even need to apply for one ? What happens if I need to leave the country in the meantime ? Is it simple to come back with just that extension of stay stamp ?

Just get a rentry permit before you leave at Immigration or at the airport. Be sure to take two 4 x 6 cms photos. You will pay 1,000 Baht government fees for a single reentry and 3,800 Baht for a multiple reentry.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Don't stress, your situation appears to be good.

Your non immigrant B Visa seems to have been extended on the basis of business (Thai Police Order 606/2549 - section 7.1). Now you only need to report every 90 days to the immigration deparment that issued you the extension, no visa runs are required.

If you need to leave Thailand during this period, then immigration can issue you with a single/multiple re-entry permit that will preserve your extension when you re-enter Thailand. Your company may even have got you one already - cost is 1900/3800 THB.

Providing your circumstances do not change, the visa extension is good. However should your employment finish before May 2009 (your current extension date), then your visa extension will end and you will then have to immediately establish a new visa.

Thanks guys. I've just never been in a position until now where I have a work permit and not a Non-Imm B alongside it. I've never had to do a visa run nor the 90-day reporting because my job means I leave Thailand pretty frequently and, as such, I believe resets the 90-day requirement.

Correct each entry starts as day one of a 90 day period.

If you continue to travel you need to obtain a multi re-entry permit at 3,800 baht - you use that for the visa information on arrival card and get a stamp the same date as it/your one year extension of stay.