The Squirrels Are Back!

After a long time I just saw two squirrels in the trees behind my office! It must be at least four years since I last saw one and their demise was blamed on the itinerant workers catching them to eat and consequently removing part of the food chain which reportedly led to the Coconut Palm Beetle infestation. Has anyone else seen any recently?

I can Fed Ex you some, down from Chiang Mai. There are at least 3-4 pairs in my garden and 1 pair have a nest way up at the top of a mango tree in the front of my garden. :o

I have seen the workers from a building site down the street eyeing them up suspiciously. :D

I can Fed Ex you some, down from Chiang Mai. There are at least 3-4 pairs in my garden and 1 pair have a nest way up at the top of a mango tree in the front of my garden. :o

I have seen the workers from a building site down the street eyeing them up suspiciously. :D

They taste a bit like a mixture of chicken and wild boar.....not bad actually.

After a long time I just saw two squirrels in the trees behind my office! It must be at least four years since I last saw one and their demise was blamed on the itinerant workers catching them to eat and consequently removing part of the food chain which reportedly led to the Coconut Palm Beetle infestation. Has anyone else seen any recently?

Funny, this morning 2 of them were playing in the garden in the front of my window this morning (Ko Phangan), and I haven't seen them for month to? But to be correct it was very early today about 6-6:30 h, so I'm not sure about that. But I was missing them and I guess the cat's to, because they been watching them also :o and no, I didn't came back from the party :D but there must have many people I guess

ham

There's many squirrels in Koh Phangan, best time to see them is first few hours of the morning and sunset time. I remember, when I used to stay on Phangan, sometimes while I was still sleeping, they would jump on the roof of my bungalow and scare the shit out of me! They seem to like to run along the power/telephone lines.

I do noticed normal dark brown squirrels around Samui but i cant see the special squirrels in Samui any more which is in white. It use to b common in Samui when 6years back but not any more. Now the one which is getting lesser is the gray squirrels.

Matt