Thai Food In Sydney

Tolley

I have just spent the last few months back in Sydney with my Thai lady and we both reckon the Thai food in Sydney is better than what we get in Thailand apart from some of the Thai seafood dishes.

Granted it is a lot more expensive but generally it does taste a lot better.

• 2 weeks later...

I still think Thai food in Sydney is generally pretty average at best. Granted there are a few good Thai restaurants if you look hard enough but there are way too many that just roll out middle of the road bland food. Much of it straight from a tin or packet.

I guess I'm a fussy cook and I'm also lucky to have a wife who is a fantastic cook so I place a pretty high standard on quality and authenticity.

You can judge just how good the food is in Sydney's Thai restaurants by the number of Thai people eating there.

Most of the Thai restaurants only attract Aussies and the food that they serve is a watered down version (Westernized version) of the original dish.

In Sydney,my wife prefers to eat at home. She says that she can cook better food than they serve in Thai restaurants however, she rather likes some Thai restaurants around Campbell Street, City. She tells me that the food is authentic and the chef will cook exactly to her requirements.

There is some very good Thai food in Sydney, but not better in Thailand, no way.

Big boy Thai is not too bad when you consider value for money. Yai's Thai cuisine in newtown is a very good thai restaurant for the price and pretty close to what you get in Thailand.

Also near near Thai town, on the same street across the road for the theater close to george st. That is a great Thai restaurant.