Where To Fix Tv's?

elephantkungfu

There's an electronic fix it shop in the Carefour/Home Pro center, the one on the Super Hwy, across from the Arcade Bus station. It's not inside Carefour, but just outside the doors when entering from the covered parking area. They fix just about everything electronic. You can see them working - there's TVs, VCR, etc. all over the place. I've had several things repaired there, a weedeater just last week, charge was only 200 baht.

There's an electronic fix it shop in the Carefour/Home Pro center, the one on the Super Hwy, across from the Arcade Bus station. It's not inside Carefour, but just outside the doors when entering from the covered parking area. They fix just about everything electronic. You can see them working - there's TVs, VCR, etc. all over the place. I've had several things repaired there, a weedeater just last week, charge was only 200 baht.

This is one of several branches of Amorn, the biggest of which is adjacent to Icon Computer Centre close to the NW corner of the moat. I love shopping in the store (except that no exchanges/no refunds is run on a zero tolerance basis) but had a bad experience with their repair department which is in the soi between the two computer malls. Having kept the TV for almost four weeks ("We'll call you when it's ready") we visited to find that they hadn't even looked at it. After a two minute inspection the "technician" declared it needed the entire main board replacing at a cost of 1500 baht. This is from the school of tradesmen that can fix anything by simply replacing the innards wholesale. Needless to say we took it elsewhere although it did prove a pain to get fixed due to non standard parts.

Siam TV's repair department seemed much more efficient and helpful.