Store Photos To Dvd ?

pop3

Like many people I now find myself with a couple of thousand or so photos of everything and anything, I have them on CDR and CD-RW.

Most are high quality 2048x1536 most in Jpeg. Am I right in thinking if I could store them on DVD I could put many more on the disk than I can on a CD-R/CD-RW ?

If so what is the best way to get them from my folder to the DVD disk :o

Edited by pop3

I think a dvd has 4.7 gb while a cd 750 mb so you can put 6 cd's on one dvd.

The easiest way I guess is to copy your cd's direct to a dvd provided your pc has to drives, otherwise you will have to copy the cd's to your pc and than burn a dvd.

The easiest way I guess is to copy your cd's direct to a dvd provided your pc has to drives, otherwise you will have to copy the cd's to your pc and than burn a dvd.

Yes I will have to copy to pc first then move to DVD, it's the moving to DVD I have problems with, there only seems to be an option to move video not photo's ?

Yes I will have to copy to pc first then move to DVD, it's the moving to DVD I have problems with, there only seems to be an option to move video not photo's ?

There should be a way to write "data" to the DVD. That's what a photo is... just data. Just create one or more folders on your HDD for your photos, and after you have copied your photos from the CDs to the folder(s), you should be able to write the folder(s), as data, to the DVD. If the application you have doesn't support this trivial operation, then I would imagine that there are plenty of free software applications that are available (on the web) that you can use.

Edited by Gumballl

You can do this in Windows easily

Copy files to hard drive

Put DVD in DVD burner

A window will open to name and format disk - there may be a few programs that you cfan choose to format - I use Windows - after the format it treats the Dvd like it's a hard drive.

After the format a window will open up of the new formatted disc and you simply move files from your hard drive onto it.

Might also consider just buying a portable hard drive. Burning disks gets annoying and once they are on disk you are less likely to look at them.