I Am Looking For A Good Gold Shop In Bkk

ericg1953

I am heading up to BKK this weekend and want to buy a gold band for my girlfriend. I have heard that chinatown is a good place to go but I have no idea. I am just looking for a shop that has good quality at a fair price. Any recommendations are welcome. I am not looking for anything over the top...just a plain simple gold ring. Also, how are the rings sold?? by weight+ labor?

Thanks,

Eric

Usually golds shops will put the price on a sign and prices are the same in most shops, you can bargain a little but don't expect too much. Quality will be the same in most shops.

When I wanted to buy gold for my wife I usually went to the department store, there are many goldshops in there and you just walk in and look at the pieces until you find a shop with the ring you like most.

For a plain gold ring you will find little difference between the shops.

If you are looking for a custom made ring then I suggest you contact Lamberts in Bangkok.

Google "american in bangkok jewelry"

to find the link and details

I am heading up to BKK this weekend and want to buy a gold band for my girlfriend. I have heard that chinatown is a good place to go but I have no idea. I am just looking for a shop that has good quality at a fair price. Any recommendations are welcome. I am not looking for anything over the top...just a plain simple gold ring. Also, how are the rings sold?? by weight+ labor?

Thanks,

Eric

Yep, gold is priced on the weight minus expected loss in the making process, plus labour (depends on the complexity of the piece). Chinatown gold shops are like supermarkets - don't expect them to be overly helpful or even happy that you're shopping there. It's a place to go to put money into gold or to sell gold. If you want something made for you, the gold shops in MBK on 2nd floor do not charge more for tourists and the service is good and professional. I've just had a very fair prices for a gold ring with labour charge no different from a factory or workshop in Silom.

For a plain gold ring you will find little difference between the shops.

If you are looking for a custom made ring then I suggest you contact Lamberts in Bangkok.

Google "american in bangkok jewelry"

to find the link and details

Agreed, very good people, know them for nearly 20 years.

There are three branches in Yaowarat, but the easiest access (if you're driving, located in Bangkok and not in close proximity to Chinatown) IMO is the Seacon Square branch.

:o

I will be staying on suk...soi 49 .......chinatown or seacon square better??

Chinatown, Yaowarat or MBK has all been said already..the largest selection of ThaiGold-Ornaments!

Some of the well established Goldsmith's have a Hallmark-Makers Mark on their pieces... it's your Guarantee!

Edited by Samuian

There are three branches in Yaowarat, but the easiest access (if you're driving, located in Bangkok and not in close proximity to Chinatown) IMO is the Seacon Square branch.

:o

I will be staying on suk...soi 49 .......chinatown or seacon square better??

I'd say it's a coin toss. Better traffic going/coming back from Seacon though.

:D

Below is probably the most used and recommended group of gold shops in Bangkok.

http://www.huasengheng.com/

Do you have a location....website was in thai language.........thank you

If you click the next to bottom hot spot on right side there is a map of locations. I (wife) always uses branch 1 which is the first you come to normally from central Bangkok and on left side of road. Believe there is a Bank Asia next door and a small hotel across the street. Road is one way.

We bought our wedding rings from Jewelry Mart at Nana station on the left side as you get off and walk down the stairs. They seem to be honest people.

Thanks,

Eric