No Sign Of Deckchairs Being Removed

whatsoever

Wasnt it the govener of Chonburi who has laid his reputation and position on the line - stating that he would resign and move away from the area if the lawless beach bandits didnt agree to new terms of encroachment and give back some of the beach to the publicby the end of June. I am still waiting for the taxi touts to be removed from the airport! And to think the powers that be are banding together to discuss action re. global warming!

Wasnt it the govener of Chonburi who has laid his reputation and position on the line - stating that he would resign and move away from the area if the lawless beach bandits didnt agree to new terms of encroachment and give back some of the beach to the publicby the end of June. I am still waiting for the taxi touts to be removed from the airport! And to think the powers that be are banding together to discuss action re. global warming!

He's far too busy taking care of more urgent matters like signing orders to shut down bars on the Dark side that stay open 15 minutes past midnight. :o

UPDATE

Deckchair operators meet at Pattaya City Hall.

On Monday Morning at Pattaya City Hall, Khun Ronagit, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya chaired a meeting regarding the issue of Deckchair Operators situated on Pattaya, Jomtien and beaches located around Larn Island. Khun Prachar, the Governor of Chonburi Province, originally told the operators that 50% of their existing plots would be given over as public areas. Over 300 deckchair operators attended the meeting and showed their opposition to this plan. The Deputy Mayor informed those who attended that the Mayor had already spoken with the Provincial Governor who agreed to allow Pattaya City Hall to manage the deckchair plots and the plan to use 50% of the land for the public had been shelved. The only condition would be that an election for the plots would still take place and operators could only own one plot. Also 50% of the income from plots must be given to Pattaya City Hall. The plan was accepted by delegates.

Pattaya One News

23rd June 2008

UPDATE

On Monday Morning at Pattaya City Hall, Khun Ronagit, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya chaired a meeting regarding the issue of Deckchair Operators situated on Pattaya, Jomtien and beaches located around Larn Island. Khun Prachar, the Governor of Chonburi Province, originally told the operators that 50% of their existing plots would be given over as public areas. Over 300 deckchair operators attended the meeting and showed their opposition to this plan. The Deputy Mayor informed those who attended that the Mayor had already spoken with the Provincial Governor who agreed to allow Pattaya City Hall to manage the deckchair plots and the plan to use 50% of the land for the public had been shelved. The only condition would be that an election for the plots would still take place and operators could only own one plot. Also 50% of the income from plots must be given to Pattaya City Hall. The plan was accepted by delegates.

Pattaya One News

23rd June 2008

So how does one measure the income? Election for the plots - <deleted> does that mean? So the operaters have to name their brother/sister/mother/aunt as owner of any plot over the one! The governer stays - The deckchairs stay- and the beach remains a mess!

PS i took a stroll along be the beach thismorning and it was so nice to be approached by so many disgusting low life hookers, and time share touts. Funny how there was quite a few right opposote the police station - must be the safest place. I must recommend the beach to my quality tourist friends and family groups. Amaizing Thailand!

UPDATE

Pattaya One News

23rd June 2008

So how does one measure the income? Election for the plots - <deleted> does that mean? So the operaters have to name their brother/sister/mother/aunt as owner of any plot over the one! The governer stays - The deckchairs stay- and the beach remains a mess!

PS i took a stroll along be the beach thismorning and it was so nice to be approached by so many disgusting low life hookers, and time share touts. Funny how there was quite a few right opposote the police station - must be the safest place. I must recommend the beach to my quality tourist friends and family groups. Amaizing Thailand!

Still more interesting than walking down the high street in my home town though .