I Want A Classic Vespa Or Lambretta,i Live In Koh Samui,help!

At the start of september i will be requiring to buy an old up together Vespa or lambretta with papers,the paintwork is not mega important,as it will be re done,i have scoured the island,asking most of the bike shops,many times i have been told that they have a friend who would like to sell,only for them to change their minds..I have heard that there are a few for sale at BANDON near Surathani,also Bangkok and Chang MAI.....do any of you TV members own or know of either of these scooters for sale at a fair{not ridiculous} price.....?thanks in advance

go to billy's lambretta bars in lamai, he has three bars on the same brand...

He is your best bet if you want these brands of bikes

Are you sure that these bars are not named the SCOOTER bar,owned by Jerry,situated on the left just before the lamai beach rd turning,if so ive already checked him out,if not ill go looking for these lambretta bars...thanks for the info

Pop down to the old school bike shop next the the hut bar on the ghost road. Scouse Steve the owner has just finished paiting a couple of old Vespas he may be able to point you in the right direction for one, cheers Dunc

Thanks for the pointers boys...ill get a mate to check out these scooter sightings,as im back in the uk at the mo...will be back real soon though...regards

Being back real soon, is that a threat or a promise :D:o

Thanks for the pointers boys...ill get a mate to check out these scooter sightings,as im back in the uk at the mo...will be back real soon though...regards

Its a guaranteed promise!....yee ha :D

If you're up Chiang Mai way,

Suchart Vespa Shop. Telephone 053242238 or email; suchart_vespa at hotmail.com

He's got a lot of 150's ...some are nicely restored.

I bought mine ( '79 P200E ) back in Feb and it was 60kBt.

( private owner )

There's one guy with a shop towards the old city and I've seen allot of Lammie's there.

post-46099-1214669729_thumb.jpg

if you are interested i can get you a as new fully restored ie all chrome,paint,motor,brakes,clutch tyres,lights,tyres -like a brand new bike in any colour you like .these look/go great ring me on 077 961768(samui) cheere robert taylor

if you are interested i can get you a as new fully restored ie all chrome,paint,motor,brakes,clutch tyres,lights,tyres -like a brand new bike in any colour you like .these look/go great ring me on 077 961768(samui) cheere robert taylor

Excellent news zepplin,ill give you a bell soon to chat about what model and price...cheers mate

• 8 months later...

As of today- my next door neighbour in Lamai has 2 Vespas for sale (were bought from Jerry) but due to hospital costs my neighbour is selling both (one silver and one red)

PM me for details if you are still searching?

All the best, Steve

As a Vespa rider for over 20 years I would say go to Bangkok and buy something there. The prices will be cheaper and then you can have it sent to anywhere in Thailand via the Post Office. I have sent a bike from Samui to Rayong for something just over 3,000 baht (I think). Took about 7 days.

Scooter Bar is closed and was never a dealer in Vespas, any more than Candle Bar sells candles or Butterfly Bar specializes in Lepidoptera mounting (...hang on there..... :o ).

Although Vespas are easy to repair, there are service and repair issues that you need to have done by a professional, and I have no knowledge of anyone skilled in this here on Samui. There is certainly no Vespa shop here, and as a true Vespa man myself, if I thought that I could get service on the island, I would have purchased one myself ages ago.

Meatgrowler said:

At the start of september i will be requiring to buy an old up together Vespa or lambretta...

I don't understand why you are "required" to buy a Vespa or Lambretta (and I don't understand "to buy an old up together" -- I can't even speculate what that might mean). Unless you have a friend here who has the tools and knowledge and access to parts (one of the real bugaboos), then you might want to think about purchasing something else.

At the start of september i will be requiring to buy an old up together Vespa or lambretta with papers,the paintwork is not mega important,as it will be re done,i have scoured the island,asking most of the bike shops,many times i have been told that they have a friend who would like to sell,only for them to change their minds..I have heard that there are a few for sale at BANDON near Surathani,also Bangkok and Chang MAI.....do any of you TV members own or know of either of these scooters for sale at a fair{not ridiculous} price.....?thanks in advance

try billy on 0856490514.tell him you his number from dee