Isuzu Mu7

angiud

I'm looking for a new SUV to buy and I receive a good offer from Isuzu with the MU7 3000 VCS turbo for 1,150,000 baht with a wide offer of free accessories (roof rack, xenon lights, carpets, extra rear mirror, etc.). My thai family went carazy for the double video display by Kenwood. I'm pleased to know i can upgrade the multimedia system buying a GPS receiver (around 15,000 baht).

The diesel isuzu is famous for its reliability, the interiors are spacious and look confortable.

I just go to ask some suggestion from TV MU7 owners, if they are happy, they had some problem, etc etc.

Please don't push too much with Fortuner, because I don't like so much and it seems every thai in the radious of a couple of kilometers are a proud owner of one of that...

I'm looking for a new SUV to buy and I receive a good offer from Isuzu with the MU7 3000 VCS turbo for 1,150,000 baht with a wide offer of free accessories (roof rack, xenon lights, carpets, extra rear mirror, etc.). My thai family went carazy for the double video display by Kenwood. I'm pleased to know i can upgrade the multimedia system buying a GPS receiver (around 15,000 baht).

The diesel isuzu is famous for its reliability, the interiors are spacious and look confortable.

I just go to ask some suggestion from TV MU7 owners, if they are happy, they had some problem, etc etc.

Please don't push too much with Fortuner, because I don't like so much and it seems every thai in the radious of a couple of kilometers are a proud owner of one of that...

Hey Anguid,

Aren't those double video display monitors located in the backs of the front row seats or are yours suspended from the ceiling? Also, does a sun/moon roof come with your car? Is the diesel engine quiet like the Fortuner's diesel engine?

Front video display enclosed with dvd player/navigator. Rear display ceiling-mounted. No sun/moon roof, but aircon vents on the roof (separated controls) for second and third seats row.

Don't know very much about the engine. Next days I'll go Surathani to try the car on the road. But usually Isuzu diesel are very reliable engines. This one is 3000/16v turbo intercooler, 163 hp, same power of Fortuner, not so noisy.

Edited by angiud

I bought the MU-7 Activo 4WD 3.0 Diesel in April and I am extremely happy with it. Engine noise is not a problem, there is a huge amount of space inside, with the seats folded down it is almost a van. Legroom in all three rows is good if you are taking the extended family down to the coast or upcountry. The 3 rows of aircon vents are great - even the dog in the back stays cool.

The entertainment system can be zoned so while the kids in the back watch a movie, you can listen to radio, mp3 or USB in the front.

I had previously hired Fortuners several times for the 1200 km round trip trek up to see the in-laws. A test drive of the MU7 when I decided I wanted to purchase a large 4wd made up my mind immediately. The MU7 has longer wheelbase than the Fortuner, that makes it feel more stable and the ABS brakes are significantly better.

Colin

(Tin hat donned ready for attack from the Fortuner fan club members)

Edited by colte

Is the diesel engine quiet like the Fortuner's diesel engine?

You're 'aving a larf. He's gonna be driving with earplugs in desperately trying to block out the noise of his family playing with the multimedia system

DVD player is bluetooth so my crazy baby can play videogames and in can listen my old school progressive rock with the good souns system :o

• 5 weeks later...
Is the diesel engine quiet like the Fortuner's diesel engine?

You're 'aving a larf. He's gonna be driving with earplugs in desperately trying to block out the noise of his family playing with the multimedia system

DVD player is bluetooth so my crazy baby can play videogames and in can listen my old school progressive rock with the good souns system :o

No Bluetooth standard you have yo buy the Kenwood Bluetooth module as I have and I also bought the Garmin/Kenwood GPS Nav module. The bluetooth module only works with telephones as it's a HF module. I don't know what make/model the speakers are from the factory as I have not finished my AMP/Speaker install in the car yet. I am replacing the speakers for my S-type alpine speakers and Rockford Fosgate Subs :D

I love the MU-7 By the way, it's a very good alround package and I liked it better than the fortuner, the A/C in the MU-7 works beter than the fortuner as well as the other advantages already mentioned.

Edited by Sidewindr

Too much money? Not at all.

Apart from pickups they are the best value for money as the government takes less in taxes. You get 500kg more metal and plastic and pay less than if you bought Camry or Accord.

I bought yesterday the MU-7 Activo 4WD 3.0 Diesel (delivery a couple of weeks)! I tried sometimes in Surathani and I had a very good feeling. I got also a very good price with a wide range of accessories included in the price (1,130,000 baht).

I'm going to buy also the GPS unity from kenwood. Anybody use it already???