Epsom Printer, Just Replaced Cartridges And Cant Get It Printing!

funfun

here we go again,

got an Epsom cx5500 printer, got some new cartridges for it they say same no's on etc and look identical, when try to print, it says the replacement ones are not same,

"Cyan: 73/91

Yellow: 73/91

Magenta: 73/91

Black: 73/91

Epson recommends the genuine Epson cartridges listed above. Click the How to button for ink cartridge replacement instructions."

and thats about it, any quick tips on what ive done wrong!

cheers

chris

yes just took one back out to double check and same no's everthing to734, with 73 put it back in and retried again and still says incompatable, so i think maybe ive done somthing wrong rather than printer/cartridge problem.

i did get the cartridges from tuk com for a thousand bhat (for 4) so mabe yep could be copy's?

chris

I have problems with my Epson printer sometimes. The only cure i have found is to delete all software and drivers then do a reinstall. Maybe you could try that. Make sure you delete all epson stuff though. I tried by only deleting the parts i had problems with but the reinstall did not make any difference.

Nidge

Ive got 3 Epson the R230 the C62 and the CX5500..............all running on compatible cartridges or continous ink supply tanks.

What i would do if i was you is download this little program,

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System...e-Utility.shtml

The ssc service utility gets round the chips that are on epson cartridges................ive had the same error message and normally there is an option that says "do you wish to proceed with these cartridges" or something along those lines...............i click yes and off we go.

In the ssc utility there is a "new cartridge installed" option try clicking on that then turn the printer off and back on again.

Other than that it trial and error.

Good Luck.

(Oh after starting the ssc utility and setting it up for your printer you will need to close it down (cross in top right corner of program box) and it will minimise to the task bar tray.........if you then right click on the tray icon it will open up the various other functions available)

here we go again,

got an Epsom cx5500 printer, got some new cartridges for it they say same no's on etc and look identical, when try to print, it says the replacement ones are not same,

"Cyan: 73/91

Yellow: 73/91

Magenta: 73/91

Black: 73/91

Epson recommends the genuine Epson cartridges listed above. Click the How to button for ink cartridge replacement instructions."

and thats about it, any quick tips on what ive done wrong!

cheers

chris

I had the same problem with the 6500 model. I took it to Fortune Tower Epsom agent where they serviced it for 500 baht and now it works okay. I think if you dont use it for some time it blocks up.

...What i would do if i was you is download this little program,

The ssc service utility gets round the chips that are on epson cartridges................ive had the same error message and normally there is an option that says "do you wish to proceed with these cartridges" or something along those lines...............i click yes and off we go....

Thank you for this! I've been fighting with my friend's CX-3500 for a long time. This app looks like it will take care of that, i just need to have her find the refilled cartridges we bought before and see if i get them working.

...What i would do if i was you is download this little program,

The ssc service utility gets round the chips that are on epson cartridges................ive had the same error message and normally there is an option that says "do you wish to proceed with these cartridges" or something along those lines...............i click yes and off we go....

Thank you for this! I've been fighting with my friend's CX-3500 for a long time. This app looks like it will take care of that, i just need to have her find the refilled cartridges we bought before and see if i get them working.

Its a good little program............it has normal cleaning and powerful cleaning on it (although this does use more ink)...........also epson printers have a built in redundancy in them, means at some point when you have printed so many pages it will simply refuse to print and refer you to a service center.........the program resets the counters so you can continue to use the printer.

You could also consider a continous ink supply.........basically these are a set of tanks on the outside of the printer (6 tanks if your printer uses 6 inks etc)...........buy the bottles of ink 100ml bottle is 150 baht or thereabouts and fill the tanks via syringe.............works out cheaper if you doa lot of printing.

Most of the computer malls will fit the tanks............think i paid 2500 baht for 6 tanks fitted and full of ink......each tank holds 80ml compared to 15ml in a normal cartridge.

Something to think about anyway. :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

Thanks to all, now all sorted, had to wait for big c to get more in everyday "no have, go tukcom" but they arrived and are fine, and identical to tuckoms, so maybe just faulty batch?, oh and big c 800 v tukcom 1000!

again thanks for all help

chris