Need Long Term Visa Advice For Family

We are moving to Thailand in July from the US and plan to enroll our two children in an International school. We are all US citizens. We are planning to stay here for 1-3 years. My wife and I don't plan or need to work. Money is not a problem.

Would it be best to apply for a retirement visa? We are under 50 years old. Is their an age requirement for a retirement visa. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We are moving to Thailand in July from the US and plan to enroll our two children in an International school.  We are all US citizens.  We are planning to stay here for 1-3 years. My wife and I don't plan or need to work. Money is not a problem.

Would it be best to apply for a retirement visa? We are under 50 years old. Is their an age requirement for a retirement visa. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

50 years is the retirement age for foreigners in Thailand. You can either border hop each 90 days, or pursue the investment route.

What are the main requirements for an investment visa? Is it enough to just deposit a wad of cash in a Thai bank that is used for living expenses including school tuition for my kids, or do I need to start a business here and use the money in the bank for working capital?

What are the main requirements for an investment visa? Is it enough to just deposit a wad of cash in a Thai bank that is used for living expenses including school tuition for my kids, or do I need to start a business here and use the money in the bank for working capital?

You'd need to invest in a condo or a term deposit in a Thai Government bank. The money is tied up. They promote both 3 and 10 million baht as the sums.

We are moving to Thailand in July from the US and plan to enroll our two children in an International school.  We are all US citizens.  We are planning to stay here for 1-3 years. My wife and I don't plan or need to work. Money is not a problem.

I am sure the move will be a great experience for all the family.

You had better research the investment visa quite carefully before you set out.

Do a search in this section. There have been various discussions over the last few months.

If you go that route your family will be able get their visas based on yours.

Otherwise you will all need to do visa runs, which will be expensive and disruptive to life and schooling