A Night On The Town

RakJungTorlae

Thanks for the advice, but no thanks. If I wanted to devote my valuable free time to paying for conversations as complex as 'where you come from, you mee mia laew?' I'd think it was a good investment. But I'm too old for that bullshit.

Its the same when i go to the Philippines on business, it's the same. I'm thinking of getting cards printed up with the following words on them and handing them over before they've finished the first question:

England, but live in Thailand.

Yes

So sod off and leave me alone, you skank.

OK everyone is bored of the predictable greeting, but what are these girls meant to say to a customer on first meeting them? theyre only doing their job.

Ive never had what i would call a bad night out in any of the girly bars, for that i must thank them funloving girlies.

As for what i spend, if i went out with a mate i could get by on 1000 a night, if i go out alone ill spend a lot more as after a couple of beers i'll end up getting some pretty young girl or 2 drunk.

Edited by boiledegg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You live in Bangers, Pattaya, Phuket, Chang Mai, expect to spend big bucks. You want the same fun at a fraction of the cost, hop on a bus for a couple of hours to go one of the cities on the fringe of BKK - cities without farangs but with plenty of restaurants and pubs. Have a ball (no pun intended) and spend waaaaaay less. Ever been to Rayong? :o

the neat thing about bangkok is that you can spend a few hundred baht or a few hundred thousand baht for a night on the town...there is diversity to satisfy all tastes and needs here. I cant say such about other major world cities in terms of diversity of nightlife possibilities from an economic point of view.

the neat thing about bangkok is that you can spend a few hundred baht or a few hundred thousand baht for a night on the town...there is diversity to satisfy all tastes and needs here. I cant say such about other major world cities in terms of diversity of nightlife possibilities from an economic point of view.

The mosat sensible post so far. In the end it depends were you go, but I can easily have a good night out in my local area for 600-800bht, but if I end up in Sukhumvit or Silom, it will be 2-3kbht, and that is not in girlie bars looking for conversation, Cider is sadly an expensive habit. :o

The mosat sensible post so far. In the end it depends were you go, but I can easily have a good night out in my local area for 600-800bht, but if I end up in Sukhumvit or Silom, it will be 2-3kbht, and that is not in girlie bars looking for conversation, Cider is sadly an expensive habit. :o

1.79GBP for 4 cans of Tescos own cider at 5.5%, nicer then Magners, dont they do it in LOS yet?

1.79GBP for 4 cans of Tescos own cider at 5.5%, nicer then Magners, dont they do it in LOS yet?

No, not yet, but one can hope.

Sadly I do have a strongbow habit too. :D

If I recall correctly, most of your "habits" have 2 legs (sometimes 3 !) :o

45 days to go, 45 days to go. Work one down, sweat it 'round. 44 days to go ! :D

I can't believe the amounts you guys spend - no wonder so many farang in Thailand are broke.

Quite easy actually.

Not even have to go to any so called upscale places.

If I meet, lets say 3-4 Thai friends out. We will normally drink Wiskey. I happen to like Chivas, so I buy a bottle. As you know, in regular thai bars/pubs/restaurants it is not always possible to order the drinks by the glasses. One has to order a bottle.

Then we want something to eat.

Before you know it, the bill is actually allready 4-5K (for the food, Wiskey, mixers, etc).

I have a "farang salary", so the price for the bottle here is a fraction of what I had to pay if I bought an entire bottle in a bar back home.

And, as we all know, normally the one with the highest salary will be handed the bill.

So, no GoGo bar, or lots of ladies. Just a few friends out enjoying an evening.

Im not broke. Im not a rich person. I have an ok salary, which makes me able to save money and have a good life here.

Needless to say maybe, but I do not go out every evening.

I can't believe the amounts you guys spend - no wonder so many farang in Thailand are broke.

Quite easy actually.

Not even have to go to any so called upscale places.

If I meet, lets say 3-4 Thai friends out. We will normally drink Wiskey. I happen to like Chivas, so I buy a bottle. As you know, in regular thai bars/pubs/restaurants it is not always possible to order the drinks by the glasses. One has to order a bottle.

Then we want something to eat.

Before you know it, the bill is actually allready 4-5K (for the food, Wiskey, mixers, etc).

I have a "farang salary", so the price for the bottle here is a fraction of what I had to pay if I bought an entire bottle in a bar back home.

And, as we all know, normally the one with the highest salary will be handed the bill.

So, no GoGo bar, or lots of ladies. Just a few friends out enjoying an evening.

Im not broke. Im not a rich person. I have an ok salary, which makes me able to save money and have a good life here.

Needless to say maybe, but I do not go out every evening.

Ditto, some of these comments on here seem to be from people struggling to stay in thailand,if i had to watch that i didnt spend over 1000 baht a night id go back home and earn some money,i spent similar in the uk to what i do here, its all relevant to what you have and what you earn,some will die wealthy,. i hope im not one of them ! :o

I rarely spend more than 5-600 baht on a night out. I'm not sure how it's possible to spend much more, unless you're the type who needs your ego (falsely) boosted by having a bunch of farmer's daughters pretending to adore you everytime you buy them a watered down orange juice for 150baht.

Not much point buying OJ. No value for money. Might as well throw your hard earned cash in the crapper.

Buy your female drinking partners a few bottles of Spy wine cooler each & the entertainment factor gets an exponential boost as well as the time factor because it is a little hard to knock back a full bottle of that stuff in under a couple of minutes. :o

Thanks for the advice, but no thanks. If I wanted to devote my valuable free time to paying for conversations as complex as 'where you come from, you mee mia laew?' I'd think it was a good investment. But I'm too old for that bullshit.

Its the same when i go to the Philippines on business, it's the same. I'm thinking of getting cards printed up with the following words on them and handing them over before they've finished the first question:

Yes

You sound like fun to go out with ! :D

I rarely spend more than 5-600 baht on a night out. I'm not sure how it's possible to spend much more, unless you're the type who needs your ego (falsely) boosted by having a bunch of farmer's daughters pretending to adore you everytime you buy them a watered down orange juice for 150baht.

Not much point buying OJ. No value for money. Might as well throw your hard earned cash in the crapper.

Buy your female drinking partners a few bottles of Spy wine cooler each & the entertainment factor gets an exponential boost as well as the time factor because it is a little hard to knock back a full bottle of that stuff in under a couple of minutes. :o

Yes

You sound like fun to go out with ! :D

I think if I met Bendix in a bar, we'd get on like a house on fire, he's talking my language. :D

Maybe Naam would like to join us? (as long as he picks up the tab for his barrel of Port or vintage clarret) :D

The Thai arm of the Victor Meldrew society is born. Anyone care to join us? WELCOMMMMMME!

There is a reocurring theme here, it seems if you talk to women youre going to have an expensive night out.

So if youre looking to save a bit of money, may i recommend having a "hand shandy" or 2 before hitting the tiles, it significantly lowers the desire to talk to women.

Edited by boiledegg

I think if I met Bendix in a bar, we'd get on like a house on fire, he's talking my language. :D

Maybe Naam would like to join us? (as long as he picks up the tab for his barrel of Port or vintage clarret) :o

The Thai arm of the Victor Meldrew society is born. Anyone care to join us? WELCOMMMMMME!

I sooner speak to some sweet slender 22yr delight, besides i prefer Bernard Manning.

There is a reocurring theme here, it seems if you talk to women youre going to have an expensive night out.

So if youre looking to save a bit of money, may i recommend having a "hand shandy" or 2 before hitting the tiles, it significantly lowers the desire to talk to women.

I thought "never go out with a loaded gun" was a universal given amongst men..well thats what my daddy taught me when we had that little talk oh so many years ago :o

I thought "never go out with a loaded gun" was a universal given amongst men..well thats what my daddy taught me when we had that little talk oh so many years ago :o

Its also universal to forget about emptying the gun, especially in England hence why us men have to beg to jump the fat bird at the end of the night, and if you read a previous post i can do 2000 dips and bench press 2 houses so i aint in too bad shape.

Edited by boiledegg

Well only if you have to pay to talk to them...

Night out for me costs anything from 500 baht to 5000 baht I guess, and much preferably the lower figure. Once you've had a nice dinner and a few drinks, plus taxis, it's easy enough to spend 1000.

Edited by burman

Black Label and mixers for the night shared between the boys - 1,000

"Emergency" room - 280

"Protection" - 60

Total for a happy ending - less than 1,500 baht. Almost priceless :o

Edited by anthonyu

Taking my own bottle of spirits @ 320 Baht bottle then under 500 Baht for food n pepsi.

Rarely near 1,000 Baht even out with friends or a g/f unless in Pattaya or similar.

Are you lot drinking barrels of oil or something???

I live in Nontaburi, and I can go out to the local restaurants upper end and pay around 800 baht.

If I go to the local beerbars with getting a lady to sit with me it would be around 3 to 5 thousand bath and that is for a very good time..

I like the bars out here and the girls they are not corrupted by the farang yet. And they like to see a farang go in and have fun, and I get treated very well in my local restaurants and bars...I feel like one of the locals

A simple question really. In Baht. How much do you spend when you hit the streets in the evening? I know it all depends. But how much do you expected to spend for the night out?. It doesn’t matter where you are in Thailand. I’m bored and I just want to know. I normally carry 2000-3000 for the night.

The absolute stupidity of this question.

A simple question really. In Baht. How much do you spend when you hit the streets in the evening? I know it all depends. But how much do you expected to spend for the night out?. It doesn't matter where you are in Thailand. I'm bored and I just want to know. I normally carry 2000-3000 for the night.

The absolute stupidity of this question.

I am sorry my question doesn’t reach your intellectual standards, perhaps you can find it in your heart to forgive me? Life will just never be the same.

Keep Rolling.

Quiet night without the missus.. Just a few drinks with the lads.. 2 - 3k ish... Big night 5k - 10k.. Thats drink and bar stuff not bar fines and girls.. tho I find if I am out with women on my mind I drink less so it equals out a bit..

Had a few >40k nights.. The night with 10 top end showgirls 2 mates and a big 5 bed villa with a pool will go down as one for the old age memories..

Evening at Thai food places with beer and so on 1000THB

An evening in Bkk 3-4000THB (includes drinks and taxis). What I don't like about Bkk is that the "nights" are so short if you do not want to go to one of the overcrowded afterhour clubs.

Edited by learnthaipodcast