What Is Neededf?

AlexLah

Dear all,

It is obvious that there is a crisis developing between PAD and PPP.

Now I see lot's of people complain about corruption and stuff but no real solutions offered.

My question is: What would you do when you where in charge to change Thailand for the better.

Imagine you are the PM, what would you do?

Please no flaming, just provide solutions to make Thailand a better place for all!

Kind regards,

Alex

I don’t know what PDA or PPP means But if I was PM I would tell everyone to pic up there rubbish and introduce fines for littering. And then I would step down and let someone’s ells screw the rest up.

Seriously, I hope Thailand changes for the better but I hope it doesn’t change to much or it will just not be Thailand anymore

Dear all,

Now I see lot's of people complain about corruption and stuff but no real solutions offered.

My question is: What would you do when you where in charge to change Thailand for the better.

Please no flaming, just provide solutions to make Thailand a better place for all!

Kind regards,

Alex

Alex

Best way I can answer your post is to compare it to cancer. If you only cut out part of the cancer you will still die eventually.

As for Thailand...my answer would be to lead by example. I would start with making each and every politician and policeman totally accountable for their actions. Eliminate the corruption from those in charge and the majority of the people will follow their lead.

I love Thailand and I love the Thai people but I believe those in charge keep the country in a continous flux. If I were PM I would start by paying the BiB a better wage, with the understanding that along with that increase comes the reponsibility to serve and protect the populous, and hold them totally accountable to a code of conduct befitting true honorable servants of the people. From that day forward business as usual will no longer be tolerated.... Water runs down hill...Just maybe the populous will respond in kind. :o

Edited by ETC

The first way to start is make an example out of the highest in the food chain of the corrupt. No inactive post, but jail time in general population, they repay monies received thru graft, as well as all personal holdings, to a fund for rewarding those who turn in more corrupt officials, at a rate of say 30% of recovered property, monies, etc. One of the major problems seem to be able to hold accountable the upper level of the chain. Like the man said to kill a cancer you must get all of it, go to the source, and as much as we blame the street police officer he is not the source, he is the errand boy. I have seen the system work, when 75 out of 77 county politicians were jailed, fined, and with record barred for life from public office. Never mind, fair, difficult, and appeals, all could be left out of all legal proceedings. Maybe move the court proceedings, if they are even necesary, to the south of Thailand and if the results are not satifactory, have a change of venue to China or some of the more hard line Middle East countries.

The first way to start is make an example out of the highest in the food chain of the corrupt. No inactive post, but jail time in general population, they repay monies received thru graft, as well as all personal holdings, to a fund for rewarding those who turn in more corrupt officials, at a rate of say 30% of recovered property, monies, etc. One of the major problems seem to be able to hold accountable the upper level of the chain. Like the man said to kill a cancer you must get all of it, go to the source, and as much as we blame the street police officer he is not the source, he is the errand boy. I have seen the system work, when 75 out of 77 county politicians were jailed, fined, and with record barred for life from public office. Never mind, fair, difficult, and appeals, all could be left out of all legal proceedings. Maybe move the court proceedings, if they are even necesary, to the south of Thailand and if the results are not satifactory, have a change of venue to China or some of the more hard line Middle East countries.

slapout

You are right.. The street BiB are not the source but they are the tentacles of the source. Get rid of the source and the strongest tentacle becomes the new source, and life goes on as usual. Eliminate the tentacles and you have neutrilized the source.

To take it a step further, reward the BiB that turn in corrupt officials and police and promote them. It may take a couple of generations to turn it all around, but must start somewhere. Yaaa!!! I know...Cops turning in cops. :o

If I were the PM, I would also form a large Unit of specially trained officers (trained outside of Thailand) whose primary mission is to ferret out corrupt cops and politicians at every level. A unit that answers directly to the PM, where regular lie-detector tests are required just like fire arms qualification. I figure that would be a good start. :D

Dear all,

Kind regards,

Alex

Perhaps reversion to a fully fledged monarchical rule..or at least a benevolent dictatorship. Just because Constable America goes around the world telling countrys they are bad unless they bow down to the almighty god of democracy , doesn't mean that every country, its culture, people, mentality etc.. are suited to democracy.

Dear all,

Kind regards,

Alex

Perhaps reversion to a fully fledged monarchical rule..or at least a benevolent dictatorship. Just because Constable America goes around the world telling countrys they are bad unless they bow down to the almighty god of democracy , doesn't mean that every country, its culture, people, mentality etc.. are suited to democracy.

Alex

You're right Alex. Some people like to ride in the cart and others are contentented to pull the cart. Frankly speaking, I would love to have a choice. :o

Didn't Anand Punyarachun say a couple of years ago that the country may become a failed state if something is not done soon? We may need a heavy dose of bitter medicine before we get any better.

Maybe a revolution will help :D

Losangels

With due respect...I could understand rebuilding a house but not tearing it apart. :o

There is a huge corruption problem in thailand but why do the thai people allow it.We see daily marches in bk with the pad but have the thais got the balls to do this to complain about corruption.The thai people vote for these horrible corrupt politicians and should be held reponsible for this.

Dear all,

Alex

Kind regards,

Alex

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you the OP looking for solutions? Right now it sounds as though you want to dabble in U.S. bashing.

We all have choices, whether we are part of the problem or part of the solution. :o

Edited by ETC

There is a huge corruption problem in thailand but why do the thai people allow it.We see daily marches in bk with the pad but have the thais got the balls to do this to complain about corruption.The thai people vote for these horrible corrupt politicians and should be held reponsible for this.

I daresay that you can substitute the name of a number of nations, including most of the English speaking countries, into the above quote. The only major difference is that the corruption elsewhere is better hidden by the smoke and mirrors of the corporations and the take-no-responsibility corporate legal framework. But horrible corrupt and hypocritical politicians keep getting re-elected around the globe.