Can Anyone Recommend A Hotel Near Bkk Airport

richoz

Hi, would be greatful if someone could recommend a hotel near Surarnabhumi airport. Have an early flight and would like to stay close to the airport. Thanks.

Rich

Floral Shire hotel. it's on the web

Clean comfortable and not too expensive.

Free bus pick up and return

• 2 weeks later...

....Sananwan Palace is right close to the new Airport,...Standard room was only around 300 baht,has swimming pool and friendly staff,is clean and has all the basics,.... www.bangpli.com you can find further deatails

Sananwan Palace, very nice and friendly almost-new guesthouse about 20 min by taxi from the terminal, with pool under 500 Baht. My personal favourite. This thread has some of my pictures.

S.P. Power Lodge A/C, sat TV, 1300-1900 baht, airport transfers included.

Convenient Resort. Newly-built 4-story hotel at Lat Krabang, about 5-10 min. drive from the airport. 1000-1200 baht.

Floral Shire Resort is just on the edge of the airport, maybe 5 minutes from the terminal. 1200-1300 baht. Brand new. No pool. Sort of motel style.

Queen's Garden Resort only 5 - 10 min. from the airport. No pool. 900 baht.

Grand Inn Come, sort of a typical Thai small-town hotel on a noisy street, no pool, 20 min. from airport, 1800 baht. "Let out professional masseuses treat and pamper your stiff and stressed."

Avana Hotel, sort of the kind of suburban upscale hotel where Thais hold weddings and conferences. Pool and all the usual amenities, 1200 baht. Maybe about 25-30 min. from the airport.

Ibis Hua Mak Chain hotel about 20 min from the airport with reportedly small boxy rooms. Pool, 800-1200 baht.

Rachana Place, a hostel off the Bangna-Trat highway AWAY from the city centre, self-described 25 min. from the airport, 350 baht. Free WiFi.

On Nut Guest House, backpacker hostel about 35-40 min. from the airport and within walking distance of the end station of the Skytrain/BTS line.

Nasa-Vegas Hotel, many recommend. Said to be 15-25 min. from the airport. 590 baht, 900 baht rooms have a jacuzzi. No pool.

There is a new hotel that opened not to long ago about 15 minutes from the airport located at 8 Ramkhumhang called the Siam Piman Hotel. It looks very nice and is around 1,300 baht a night with airport transfer. "asiarooms" gives it 4 stars and it is advertised as a "boutique" hotel.

Edited by mizzi39

....Sananwan Palace is right close to the new Airport,...Standard room was only around 300 baht,has swimming pool and friendly staff,is clean and has all the basics,.... www.bangpli.com you can find further deatails

I also have stayed here, http://bangpli.com/sananwan.htm

I went with the 500 baht room.

Perfect for a short stay.

The owner, Wilaiwan, 081-864-4615, speaks perfect English. She is married to a Brit, John.

I also have stayed here, http://bangpli.com/sananwan.htm

I went with the 500 baht room.

Perfect for a short stay.

The owner, Wilaiwan, 081-864-4615, speaks perfect English. She is married to a Brit, John.

I am staying there next month. Only during the daytime while waiting for a night flight.

Sounds like a good idea.

Yes I found Wilaiwan very helpful by E Mail. [email protected]

• 3 months later...

I just thought I would pass on feedback on Floral Shire Resort. I stayed there for the first time in Sept 08 - 1,200 baht incl 2-way transfer to airport. I would stay there again as it is convenient and value for money if you are flying out on an early morning flight.

It was clean and newish - small motel style accomm. The only possible small negative (for some perhaps) is that it is in walking distance to nothing - down a long dark small road.