Political Mess

raybona

Following the news on both CNN, an BBC, i see that there is a major change in the political arena coming up in Thailand.

As of here, where they change visarules per 3-6 months, do you guys think that something may happen in Thailand in the near future or not? For better or for worse??

By the way, if i could sell logic by the Kg. in Asia, I would be the richest man in the world!!

I wouldn't hold your breath for any change. As the article says the Democrats are too weak and lack any substantial powerbase to do anything and the coalition members of the PPP are too busy stuffing their pockets to rock the boat at present.

Most likely scenario, IMO, is that the government will last it out through the summer whilst it's lakeys polish up Thaksin's image and change out the military top brass. Then lo and behold he'll reappear as a government adviser/consultant and will be "reluctantly" (and crocodillian tearfully) swept back into power on a wave of public support to sweep out the current bunch of incompetant zombies, who after all are only keeping the seats warm, and reinstall "strong governance" (i.e. his family and cronies).

btw to my knowledge there have been no changes to visa rules for Thailand since October 2006.

Well likely to stay a mess - certain order to this chaos. :o

There is indeed.

The cycle of chaos has continued as long as I've been here. (15 years).

As long as a passive population tolerate it, it will remain so.