Testing Your Thai Lady

ozsamurai

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easier to spot the farangs that are apt to be scammed. They are desperate for love and spend little time building a foundation. Most TG scammers are looking to turn a quick buck and aren't capable of investing time into building a relationship. Why would they waste their time, when there are 10 farangs at the local bar that are all too willing to try their hand at buying their love.

In my younger days, I met many Thais that were after money and most weren't cons. It was a business transaction to them. They were selling themselves at the highest price possible; maybe a few times each night. Not the ideal situation to begin a successful relationship.

In lieu of asking how to spot cons, why not ask yourself if you're capable of investing the time to get to know the girl you're dating. A week in a 5 star hotel in Phuket isn't enough. Invest the time and with any luck you should be able to answer the question yourself.

Best answer thus far!!!!........To be a true player .......you gotta know how to be played!!!

you shouldn't be overly paranoid, for one thing. but some signs are- poor family, speaks good english, happily takes money when offered (or even outright asks for it) and doesn't pay it back, drinks/smokes/gambles a lot, has a "brother" hanging around all the time... i am sure many of the men on here can contribute.

I don't think even those reasons are an indication that you're caught up in a scam of some sort. My GF comes from a poor family and will happily take money from me when offered and has even asked for it, but in a nice way. If I refuse, she still behaves affectionately towards me and sms's or phones me every day even though there's some 6500 miles separating us now. She doesn't drink or smoke though, and there's never been any indication that she gambles. Neither do I expect her to pay back any money I give her. After all, with an average monthly wage of only 6000 Baht a month in the hotel & catering industry, where would she get it from? Even teachers with a university degree only earn 11000 baht a month, a sum which wouldn't even pay two weeks rent on my own flat back here in Amsterdam.

But it depends on your circumstances. Has she ever posed the question on whether you have a "good heart"? She's not talking about your ticker and the first time I heard it, I thought she was asking me if I was a good natured individual. But I've since discovered that this phrase is Thai speak for being willing to support her financially. If you said yes, then she's going to expect you to do just that even when the two of you are thousands of miles apart. If the requests for money are flowing in now, maybe that's the reason. :o

Even teachers with a university degree only earn 11000 baht a month, a sum which wouldn't even pay two weeks rent on my own flat back here in Amsterdam.
It's all relative - I can rent a 3 bedroomed town hose for 3000 a month.

Also, never go out with a teacher, especially the ones on the internet - they are the biggest scammers around.

If, on the other hand, you take the sensible approach to actually work to win over your potential mate, take trouble with her, get to know her and go through the tough times as well as the good, it's much more likely to succeed.

Yes but shock horror when i announced my wife was sending me money to the uk out came the macho men all mocking. Sad sods :o

Interestingly w e just rented a condo out to a guy and his Thai girlfriend, he doesnt speak Thai but her first words to my wife who is Thai were could she have a second keycard while her boyfriend (farang) is away. My wife asked her why?................ answer, in case she wanted to bring her Gik round!!

jesus. not even subtle, i guess she thought your wife would understand???? :confused:

My wife said to me "why are they never satisfied, always want more" she finds it hard to understand. Probably thought my wife was the "same" as her ,Mioooooooooooooooooooow said the wife one husband enough problem!!!! :o

This is a sure-fire, easy test. I did it without even realizing it, and I was lucky (and still am 6 years later). Take your tirak to an area with a lot of gold shops, like china town, for example. Take her to one of the gold shops and tell her you want to buy her something to show her how much you love her and how serious you are about your future together. Tell her she can have anything she wants. Now if she says 'save your money dear, I don't need' and/or if she picks one of the smallest pieces in the shop ( as my wife did, bt1400 ) she's a keeper. Now the numbers are up to you, but I would say if it's anything more than 4 or 5 thousand baht, tell her you have to go to the ATM and to wait for you and look around a bit more and you will be back in ten minutes. Then do a 'runner'. Go straight back to your hotel and check out and catch the first bus or plane to Pattaya, Phuket, Changmai, wherever. Just run away, literally and figurlitivly. And don't look back. There is absolutly no reason what so ever to stay with a woman who only wants your money, when there are literally tens of thousands of other woman throughout asia that will love and respect you and be very happy to have even a half way decent farang husband. Now with that said, there are plenty of good, decent hearted thai ladies out there, but finding one with a good family makes it even more challenging. If there is any talk about an expensive, non-returnable dowry ( sin sot ), especially if she has been married before, or a car or a house for her family, run, don't walk. RUN AWAY. My issan wife AND her family are the most decent, honest, and hard working people I have ever met.

Open a bank account in her name, put $2000 or close in the bank, leave the country for 2 weeks, tell her she can use the money if she needs it, the first time i did it she spent the lot and asked for more,( finished straight away ) the second time ( different girl ) she spent 1500 baht on something for me, ,i married her and seven years on a and a 5 year old daughter later we are still in love, shes my best mate and i wouldnt change her for anything,. luck ? maybe, but it worked for me,.good luck to you,.

Are you f***ing serious? The test is (possibly) going to cost you $2000? You must have more money than sense my friend.

there is a much cheaper way to find out. Go to dinner with her, if she chooses several of the most expensive dishes and like to order a bottle of whisky an she ask the waiter to pack the leftovers, you should know enough.

Open a bank account in her name, put $2000 or close in the bank, leave the country for 2 weeks, tell her she can use the money if she needs it, the first time i did it she spent the lot and asked for more,( finished straight away ) the second time ( different girl ) she spent 1500 baht on something for me, ,i married her and seven years on a and a 5 year old daughter later we are still in love, shes my best mate and i wouldnt change her for anything,. luck ? maybe, but it worked for me,.good luck to you,.

Are you f***ing serious? The test is (possibly) going to cost you $2000? You must have more money than sense my friend.

there is a much cheaper way to find out. Go to dinner with her, if she chooses several of the most expensive dishes and like to order a bottle of whisky an she ask the waiter to pack the leftovers, you should know enough.

Try this one take your wife to a local market instead of Siam Paragon and see if she buys any secondhand clothes there!! Mine does :o good for her too!

You got to look at things without feelings. So many people just see what they want to see and then make mistakes. If you pay for your partner or their expenses ask yourself why you do it and if your still unsure stop doing it for a while and see how long your partner will stay.

Another thing about Farang who live on different continents to their "girlfriends" and only get to visit twice a year. I have talked to many and this is very common although varying amounts of money.

If you send your Darling 10,000 Baht while you are working in you home country, does she expect more from you during your visits to Thailand? Maybe 30,000 Baht/month?

If so why????? She is staying with you and you are paying for everything. If she can live on 10,000 pm while you are away, why would she expect more when she has less to pay out!

If she expects more monthly income during the time you are staying together in Thailand, she does not consider you her "boyfriend", you are her CUSTOMER.

Another thing about Farang who live on different continents to their "girlfriends" and only get to visit twice a year. I have talked to many and this is very common although varying amounts of money.

If you send your Darling 10,000 Baht while you are working in you home country, does she expect more from you during your visits to Thailand? Maybe 30,000 Baht/month?

If so why????? She is staying with you and you are paying for everything. If she can live on 10,000 pm while you are away, why would she expect more when she has less to pay out!

If she expects more monthly income during the time you are staying together in Thailand, she does not consider you her "boyfriend", you are her CUSTOMER.

And how about the Thai women who send "you" money while you are out of the country?? Oh I forgot w e are all wimps and not real men hahaahah :o

Or a "rent a wife " , both will disappear if/when the payments cease ,.

you shouldn't be overly paranoid, for one thing. but some signs are- poor family, speaks good english, happily takes money when offered (or even outright asks for it) and doesn't pay it back, drinks/smokes/gambles a lot, has a "brother" hanging around all the time... i am sure many of the men on here can contribute.

He said getting ripped of by a thai lady not a bar girl.So a thai lady who speaks good english cannot be trusted?????-Realy dont understand that one.

Poor family-is this thai lady or isaan lady specificaly????

drinks/smokes and gambles a lot- i totaly agree with that one.

Brother hanging around(meaning thai bf or husband)-Think you have been reading too many books here.

May i contribute please.

I WOULD NOT have a farang for a gf who smokes/drinks and gambles heavy.

who wouldnt take money thats offered lol.

My ex wife in uk did me out of 150,000 quid and half the house so it can happen to anybody.if i had been thai i would have killed her lol lol.

Had to try and be funny because some of the experts on here read far too many books.You should know within 30 mins what a girl in thailand is like.

Is this super human power to discern the character of someone you just met something that is gained by eating Thai food and breathing Thai air?

It would seem to be the case since it's a 'power' you evidently didn't have back home in the UK!

you have an uncanny knack of getting things totaly wrong,is it the saudi smell or something.

so you dont think been with a girl(thai or not thai) for 30 whole minutes you wouldnt know what she is like.thats not power thats asking open neutral questions.

I reckon that there is a chance that if you tried to sum up the character of a Thai (or anyother nationality) woman within only 30 minutes of meeting her you might just get it right.... but you'd be playing long odds.

There are frequent enough reports here on TV (and elsewhere) of guys who absolutely believed they 'got it right' only to be proven wrong.

You'll have to explain this 'Saudi Smell' to me, I don't beleive I've come across it.

Even teachers with a university degree only earn 11000 baht a month, a sum which wouldn't even pay two weeks rent on my own flat back here in Amsterdam.
It's all relative - I can rent a 3 bedroomed town hose for 3000 a month.

Also, never go out with a teacher, especially the ones on the internet - they are the biggest scammers around.

I agree totally, what has cost of living in Holland (or anywhere else) got to do with cost of living in Thailand. It all depends if you 'live' in Thailand or Holland!

Edited by kjhbigv

It's simple - don't get a girl from Pattaya, night entertainment areas or the internet. They are all looking for easy money.

Looks like you made your mind up on who's after money and who isn't.

Guess your wife is a high class girl with a rich family who fell in love with your looks :o

It took my (soon to be) wife 8 months before she said 'I love you' we've been together nearly 5 years now. When I asked her why it took so long, she said: How can I know if I love you when I first meet you. Love needs to grow.

When I ask her, do you need any money? She replies: ofcourse I'm a woman! :D

When I ask her why some Thai girls like farang, she sais for a better life.

What do you mean a better life? Thai man treat lady bad and farang can take care of lady financially.

Honousty pays, not alot in her case, but still enough to be with me.

I came to Thailand after a few long relationships, with only 1 thing in my mind. I was sick of loosing money on woman, so I gonna go somewhere, where I know they're after my money.

As long as you know where you're standing and realise it, then you can be nothing but happy.

So many stories of woe on here almost everyday, regarding getting ripped off by a Thai lady, you begin to question everything in your own relationship. So what is the ways to uncover these fraudulent relationships before they cost you a house, children or much more. What are the signs?? Whats the advise??

While in Pattaya my Visa Credit Card had a hold placed on it unbeknownst to me and I couldn’t figure it out (something with the international transactions and fraud potential) ....needless to say I was without money or answer to why my card declined that night. So my Thai date spent 3000B that night on me without question even though this was only our second date....he barley makes 7000B a month and his friends were confused and gave him dirty looks...in the end he said he just wanted us to be happy and not to worry about the money…we talk everyday now and I truly am in love with him…I am 31 and he is 26….he has a beautiful heart and I do help him happily if I have extra money because I care about him…I feel life is the test….anyone can use you and hurt you not just in Thailand…and good luck finding the right girl

Edited by Dewe

Not sure where the "keep my money in your account to keep it safe" is coming from. How about using an ATM as needed, leaving the dough in your home bank?

Look at the work history. Steady job for years / network of professional friends (all working)?

Basic honesty? Humble or someone going Dutch?

Can she handle money?? My first American wife would do crazy things like buy a long distance learning "Interior Architect" package and then not read book 1 for 10 minutes. +++ You want someone stable and grounded, someone with a steady job, money in the bank.

if you have some commercial relationship, think whether you need to own a cow to get milk.

So many stories of woe on here almost everyday, regarding getting ripped off by a Thai lady, you begin to question everything in your own relationship. So what is the ways to uncover these fraudulent relationships before they cost you a house, children or much more. What are the signs?? Whats the advise??

It's simple really. Biggest red flag is the use of Thai culture to excuse actions which throw up red flags IN ANY CULTURE. When someone says 'but she's Thai", run for the hills.

An excellent approach to the financial aspect of relationships - valid for Falang/Thai and Falang/Falang, Thai/Thai.

I would only take issue with "In my own country would a stunner like her fall in love with me?"

The answer is invariably no, particularly when there is an age difference of 20 years. The chances of me 'pulling' a 30 year old in my country are somewhere between zero and f.all. Other threads have covered the complexities of the Thai/Falang relationship and I think a Falang needs to look closely at his definition and expectation of "love".

From what i have seen here in thailand most falang men are not with stunners here either. Better to stick with the question would a girl 30 years younger than me fall in love with me in my home country and you already answered that. Although it does happen. At least I have seen it while in university where a twenty year old falls for a 50 year old professor.

You gotta love ThaiVisa........

Expert advice given by people who are unhappy in their own lives advising others how to be happier. :o:D:D

Speaking for yourself Maigo?

Count me out, I'm happy enough.

Perhaps because I don't hang with untrustworthy women.

i have only just joined thai visa as i was looking for farang women to be friends with.

after reading some of the messages on this thread, i, as an educated thai woman, i have to question why so many of you are involved with women you do not trust.

and if you are talking about security checks on them, how would you feel if she were to do the same to you?

im not provoking an argument, just asking the question here.

i have only just joined thai visa as i was looking for farang women to be friends with.

after reading some of the messages on this thread, i, as an educated thai woman, i have to question why so many of you are involved with women you do not trust.

and if you are talking about security checks on them, how would you feel if she were to do the same to you?

im not provoking an argument, just asking the question here.

Who said it is a bad idea?

Men are inheritly unfaithful and if that is something that bothers you, try your new man out.

"Men are as faithful as their options."