Testing Your Thai Lady

ozsamurai

I am in the "lucky" position to have met my wife when I was down and out, yet she was not perturbed.

Knowing that I was onto a good one I married her as soon as she said yes (18 months later), and 5 years down the line we are very happily married with a daughter, and due to my financial status at the time we met I know that she ain't a gold digger.

This is a very similar story to mine. I was a disaster when I met my wife, but she stood by me and although we are far from well off we are happy together five years and one child later.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open a bank account in her name, put $2000 or close in the bank, leave the country for 2 weeks, tell her she can use the money if she needs it, the first time i did it she spent the lot and asked for more,( finished straight away ) the second time ( different girl ) she spent 1500 baht on something for me, ,i married her and seven years on a and a 5 year old daughter later we are still in love, shes my best mate and i wouldnt change her for anything,. luck ? maybe, but it worked for me,.good luck to you,.

Are you f***ing serious? The test is (possibly) going to cost you $2000? You must have more money than sense my friend.

Sounds a lot cheaper in the long term!

If you feel you are with someone you have to 'test' to see if they're taking you for a ride, you know the answer already.

It's not rocket science, is it?

Is that Rocket Science or Rocket Surgery?? Better call for Dr PB to analyse?

It's 'rocket surgery', since it's said with tongue in cheek.

(The joke being that sometimes people trying to put the smackdown of 'obvious' answers and failing them selfs.)

Edited by TAWP

I have been living with a she-devil for quite some time now. Every description given here of a girl not to trust, is her. Except I did meet her Mother. I think. Who cares, I'm old, ......... so what? She is right up my alley. I don't have to test her anymore. If her lips are moving, she's lying. I pay her to like a movie I like. If you seriously want to test a woman, go with your gut instinct. Watch their reactions. I'm getting too old to even try. Good luck to you, however.

Guesthouse.

You didnt get what i meant about getting stitched up in a marriage.i was merely saying when there is a split it will cost you money,not particualy thai or farang,more money if your marriage finishes.

Thai ladies are not that devious that you cannot see what they are up to.

today my lady ask me what so interesting in the

Internet?

i told her about this post.

and about falang's

getting ripped off by a Thai lady.

then she told me about 10 cases

in our village ,how Thai male was

ripped off by a Thai lady,

even with 2-3 children and after 10 or more year

of marriage.

so tell tour Friend's!!!!

it is a case not only for falang.

so it is your luck ? or not?

you will know in the future

Internet?

and about falang's

of marriage.

Yes you are right.

What most of these guys, whose relationship turns to shit with a Thai, fail to mention is that all the other relationships they had with other women turned to shit too. There are very few virgins arriving in Thailand - many have a long history of failed romance but now they blame their bad luck on Thai women's morals.

Yes it is to do with luck, but I have found that the better I try to be as a person the luckier I become.

Edited by garro

Open a bank account in her name, put $2000 or close in the bank, leave the country for 2 weeks, tell her she can use the money if she needs it, the first time i did it she spent the lot and asked for more,( finished straight away ) the second time ( different girl ) she spent 1500 baht on something for me, ,i married her and seven years on a and a 5 year old daughter later we are still in love, shes my best mate and i wouldnt change her for anything,. luck ? maybe, but it worked for me,.good luck to you,.

Are you f***ing serious? The test is (possibly) going to cost you $2000? You must have more money than sense my friend.

Really, read some of the horror stories on here, i got away lightly, ( no balcony diving lessons for me ).! lol,......and i was earning $30k us a month so its all relevant my friend,.

Internet?

and about falang's

of marriage.

Yes you are right.

What most of these guys, whose relationship turns to shit with a Thai, fail to mention is that all the other relationships they had with other women turned to shit too. There are very few virgins arriving in Thailand - many have a long history of failed romance but now they blame their bad luck on Thai women's morals.

Yes it is to do with luck, but I have found that the better I try to be as a person the luckier I become.

Spot on, these guys take a show girl or similar for a wife and wonder why they have their money taken off them from a cold bg,.its about selection, i expect these guys being ripped off are blind to the signs that are there for everyone else to see,.

If you don't speak Thai and your contacts with Thais are limited to men/women who speak English well and like to "befriend" foreigners, chances are you will have disappointments both in love and in attempts to do business.

I'm wondering how many foreigners have had bad experiences with English speaking Thai women they met through the internet. For the gullible male, the internet might be a more dangerous environment than the often villified bar.

Edited by keestha

So many stories of woe on here almost everyday, regarding getting ripped off by a Thai lady, you begin to question everything in your own relationship. So what is the ways to uncover these fraudulent relationships before they cost you a house, children or much more. What are the signs?? Whats the advise??

polygraph???

Challenge her to a few rounds of pool. If she whups your ass, start running :-)

The best sex i ever had was with a girl who beat me at pool - she had 3 sponsers

Coincidentally, same here, and even more coincidentally, I later found out I was one of 3 guys being played along. Things that make you go hmmm... :o

Seriously, pool skills = scary indicator.

There are many things I would like to add on this topic as for I have been here since the age of 13 years old and know many many good and naughty people.

But I will say you have been given some good advice already,

Ill just add some quick advice, just say you have no money or say you get like 30K a month to live off till you pass away. Stretch that out for a few years and see how things are. What can they do?? Leave you? So be it. Go out with your mates and enjoy the night. Hit a girly bar if you must.

If people can not convince you that your hair is on fire, at least have a chat with your self on improving your self and securities

Exactly! At the end of the day 'love' in LOS is about money (whether with Thai or farang)!

That's understandable and not necessarily an issue (although obviously the bar girls and masseuses are best avoided!)

Let's face it, there are v few farangs who don't earn an awful lot more than the average Thai. (What is the normal Thai wage – about 10k per month?!) No wonder they think any farang is a far better bet!

That's not to say you can't have a happy relationship. If you're lucky, you'll find a woman who realises that in the long term she's better off with you and the stability you can provide. The problems arise so often because she's not a 'nice' woman and is either out to get as much as she can as quickly as possible, or is able to find a better offer elsewhere.

The signs for the 'obvious' women who are intent on just ripping you off have been mentioned previously.

Edited by F1fanatic

So many stories of woe on here almost everyday, regarding getting ripped off by a Thai lady, you begin to question everything in your own relationship. So what is the ways to uncover these fraudulent relationships before they cost you a house, children or much more. What are the signs?? Whats the advise??

So what is the ways to uncover these fraudulent relationships before they cost you a house, children or much more.

Try everything 50/50 and see how long she will last.

What are the signs?

You're in love.

Whats the advise?

Your instinct.

For new farang it's difficult to tell because of cultural differences, Thais are not open as Western cultural.

You will find out later than sooner, first Thai lady can be very patience, nice, quite, never argue, never questions you, cater to you, ect, ect, ect, and make you feel like a man unlike back home. She is like a Leopard, the new farang never see it coming and at the end she got you with her claws and jaws.

I'm glad I'm behind the computer. :o

First time i came I chatted to about 4 girls on the net before arriving, one said i could put my cash in her bank account whilst i was here (approx £1000), she knew i was going to see the other 3 girls during my stay and new I was looking for a girlfriend. She never touched it and she even said i could stay in her condo if i wanted even if I had chosen another girl.

You only hear the bad stories................ oh yes I married her too, she saves like crazy , buys secondhand clothes and thinks the future and saving is very important. Married 2 years now got a nice little business she runs all is well and she is still the same, a good well brought up caring Issan girl who is regualrly appalled at other Thais behaviour in the last few years.

If you don't speak Thai and your contacts with Thais are limited to men/women who speak English well and like to "befriend" foreigners, chances are you will have disappointments both in love and in attempts to do business.

I'm wondering how many foreigners have had bad experiences with English speaking Thai women they met through the internet. For the gullible male, the internet might be a more dangerous environment than the often villified bar.

And how many like myself have had very very good experiences using the internet and and met some very nice people and ended up marrying one of them. My wife spoke English and so did many others I met, it does not mean they are bar girls or after money.

First time i came I chatted to about 4 girls on the net before arriving, one said i could put my cash in her bank account whilst i was here (approx £1000), she knew i was going to see the other 3 girls during my stay and new I was looking for a girlfriend. She never touched it and she even said i could stay in her condo if i wanted even if I had chosen another girl.

You only hear the bad stories................ oh yes I married her too, she saves like crazy , buys secondhand clothes and thinks the future and saving is very important. Married 2 years now got a nice little business she runs all is well and she is still the same, a good well brought up caring Issan girl who is regualrly appalled at other Thais behaviour in the last few years.

Yeah I do have friends like this as well. I can lend them money and get it back with in the week and they do the same for me. I’ve used there banks before to keep money safe until I need it back. This is not an uncommon thing, Thai are very giving and helpful people. And I do not get romantically involved at all,

But for you love sick fools. Who unfortunately come across she devils keep your money and wallets in the shadows until those suspicions are cleared up or keep it there forever!

We're talking tests?

Here's a winner - tell her you're chronically ill and can't earn any more, the budget will have to be cut to the bare minmum.

If she's still with you after, say 3 months.........................................

Why not leave it in your own bank account and withdraw it at the ATM, or keep it in your pocket, or hidden in your hotel room, that has to be the most stupid thing ive ever heard anyone own upto in my life.

Each to their own but youve just described one bizarre situation.

I.M.O. you have to know if you have somebody who cares or you have a user.

Get the password of your Ladies e-mail account and check her mail. It's not too hard to get the password if you know the net cafe where she signed up to her account. They keep the passwords and usernames and 500-1000 baht they will slip it to you.

Private Detectives are another option.

Have her set up and test her.

The list is endless.

Don't have a long distance relationship either, they don't work. If you live together and she 'goes home' quite often then I would question that.

Question everything.

I.M.O. you have to know if you have somebody who cares or you have a user.

Get the password of your Ladies e-mail account and check her mail. It's not too hard to get the password if you know the net cafe where she signed up to her account. They keep the passwords and usernames and 500-1000 baht they will slip it to you.

Private Detectives are another option.

Have her set up and test her.

The list is endless.

Don't have a long distance relationship either, they don't work. If you live together and she 'goes home' quite often then I would question that.

Question everything.

You have a lot of insecurities there mate. Anyone who dose this to a girl deserves to be ripped off

Lots of heat generated as I would have expected, but all but a few gave any solid advise. I asked for tell tale signs of a con, not your opinions on racial harmony or battle of the sexes. Can anybody keep a topic on track in this forum??
The ancillary appendage to any Thai gal, her cell, that's where to start.

1. Does she step out of ear shot when taking a call,

2. Does she then excuse herself to go to the bathroom, (to continue said call in private),

There's a couple to get you going,

But you may be asking the wrong question,

... If it feels this good being used, just keeping using me until you use me up,..., (Al Green),

Instead of risk-analysis, approach it from a position of liability.

Simply don't put anything out there that your not comfortable in writing off, financially or emotionally.

Time will reveal all, and on the tel-tale signs there may be none but ultimately it could still go south, so why bother. Be sensible with your cash and expectations and just enjoy the ride. :o

Edited by cobra

[\quote]

Garro, I agree 100% with you on that one. My marriage recently failed, although I was not the party at fault. Now 'Som nam na' is definitely coming into play. My own life is moving in a positive direction whilst that of my ex is going in the opposite direction! (not that I want to gloat on this).

Simon

Love at first sight doesn't exist. Those who think it does exist are confusing lust with love. You should have a long relationship before you decide to get married. You can't possibly get to know a person in a month or even several months. I never felt any need to "test" my wife. If I didn't trust her, I wouldn't have married her.

Love at first sight doesn't exist. Those who think it does exist are confusing lust with love. You should have a long relationship before you decide to get married. You can't possibly get to know a person in a month or even several months. I never felt any need to "test" my wife. If I didn't trust her, I wouldn't have married her.

I beg to differ, cuz im still looking for the one with the glass slipper, so that girl will be my Cinderella :o