Good Or Bad?

Timy

Hi everyone

I have read through the forum for pretty much some time now and it helped me a lot in helping with my work permit. So more or less I have a question for you:

Do you actually tell your family/friends/pets in your country what you do in Thailand? I mean tell em the whole story of getting girls and stuff like that? Cause if you wouldnt tell em what would the resons be alike? Wouldnt it mean that more or less exploiting girls in such a manner is actually.....A BAD THING IN THE END?

Sorry really dont wanna insult anyone....well maybe it doesnt sound like that....I swear I am really sorry if I am too rude. I have talked to soooooo many farangs now already who hang around in the bars and heard so many answers to this. It just interests me - nothing else. I just dont know what I shall think about the whole scenery of Pattaya...somedays I just ignore me...and on some days I have the feeling that we Western people must indeed learn a bit more.

Would be cool to have some answers before I get stoned too badly.

Thanks a lot for your attention

Flamed is probably a more appropriate forum terminology than stoned. Kinda hard to stone someone virtually :o

Anyway, no one should flame you either as it is against forum rules.

But, perhaps a public warning, often these kinds of topics attract trolls, as well as inflammatory responses, so as you are already aware, you may not get the reasoned response you are looking for. Something to bear in mind when posting a new topic.

If you are indeed getting "stoned", I'd be more concerned that you are using drugs in a Country that has some of the harshest penalties for Drug use/supply/trafficking in the world. Surely you're not using drugs in Thailand.

I am more conserd of he’s mental state then him getting pind for smoking up. this question is totally wack.

Flamed is probably a more appropriate forum terminology than stoned. Kinda hard to stone someone virtually :o

Anyway, no one should flame you either as it is against forum rules.

But, perhaps a public warning, often these kinds of topics attract trolls, as well as inflammatory responses, so as you are already aware, you may not get the reasoned response you are looking for. Something to bear in mind when posting a new topic.

k sry am not the uber inter checker

Allright allright didnt know this question raises too much problems. Thought its worth a shot - Have fun

stoned has two meanings

The meaning that I refer to was the act of throwing a stone at a person because he did something.

Thanks for explaining the English language there Timy, lot of confused people on here tonight. :o

stoned has two meanings

The meaning that I refer to was the act of throwing a stone at a person because he did something.

Thanks for explaining the English language there Timy, lot of confused people on here tonight. :o

Aright ill give it a shot.

My dad would kick my ass if I got in to that seen, but I would think people who have relatives in Thailand could use there imagination on why they are here. I don’t understand what you mean by exploiting girls? I do not like pattaya at all mainly because of the level of stupidly there, and there’s nothing attractive at all about the plaice as well.

I think a lot of people brag about there mischief in Thailand to ever male friends/relatives/pets back home.

Do you actually tell your family/friends/pets in your country what you do in Thailand?

Not only do I tell them, but also show them photos and video :o

But then again I've got nothing to hide as I've never frequented the places you suggest or done the things you imply :D (My wife wont let me :D )

'Hi Mum'

'Hello, Son. Lovely to hear from you. How are you?'

'Oh fine. Bit tired but ok.'

'Why's that?'

'Well, went out last night. First, Walking Street and had barely gone 10 yards when this Katoey came onto me. Was so hot, I couldn't resist. Went to a short-time hotel and we did everything. I mean everything. Hehe. Not like your day, eh Mum?'

'You're right there son'.

'Then I got bevvied up and y'know how it is. Went into the 'Bang 'Em A-Go-Go' and a couple of new girls were there. Boy, took both of them home and really gave it to them.'

'You're Dad would have been proud.'

'Thanks Mum'.

'Now, you make sure you're eating, enough. You hear? And stay away from the Leather Joy Boy club. You know what happened last time. Catch your death of cold dancing around like that with no clothes on'.

'Ok, mum. Call you tomorrow'.

'Bye, dear'.

--------------------

Tell your family? What do you think?

:o

cool thx for the input @ everyone

It just differs from what I hear when I talk to random people in the bars. They mostly say that they rather keep silent about it because of stigmatisation which is understandable for me.

Yeah indeed a problem of me that I point at toursist in Pattaya who walk around with really young girls and call em exploting the thai citizens. Thats probably a bad generalisation. But on the other hand I talk to thai girls who mostly consider farangs as exploiting them. How valid theses statements are is indeed arguabel too. However since I work in an orphanage here, I fear that these statements have queit some potentials.....

On the other hand nr 1 statement is that thai ladies dont really like thai men too much, can someone explain how true that is?

cheers again for the input - this topic simply interests me

Edited by Timy

It just differs from what I hear when I talk to random people in the bars. They mostly say that they rather keep silent about it because of stigmatisation which is understandable for me.

Yeah indeed a problem of me that I point at toursist in Pattaya who walk around with really young girls and call em exploting the thai citizens. Thats probably a bad generalisation. But on the other hand I talk to thai girls who mostly consider farangs as exploiting them. How valid theses statements are is indeed arguabel too.

On the other hand nr 1 statement is that thai ladies dont really like thai men too much, can someone explain how true that is?

Reason all differ mate, a lot know that it will be hard to find a Thai guy with money to support them. Some girls who are after a good man will know that Thai guys will play around drinking, gambling, abusive, ect ect! mostly country girls, a lot of girls in Bangkok do not want anything to do with westerns!! I have no idea what the percentage in ill this will be thou.

Yeah indeed a problem of me that I point at toursist in Pattaya who walk around with really young girls and call em exploting the thai citizens. Thats probably a bad generalisation. But on the other hand I talk to thai girls who mostly consider farangs as exploiting them. How valid theses statements are is indeed arguabel too.

Reason all differ mate, a lot know that it will be hard to find a Thai guy with money to support them. Some girls who are after a good man will know that Thai guys will play around drinking, gambling, abusive, ect ect! mostly country girls, a lot of girls in Bangkok do not want anything to do with westerns!! I have no idea what the percentage in ill this will be thou.

Good to see you guys using your newly acquired second language in a positive way. Timy, you must be a wonderful people person for all those farang tourists to tell you their innermost secrets and the Thai girls to confide in you also.

RakJungTorlae, it's not just the girls in Bangkok that don't like westerns, I once took a girl in Phuket to see the Good the Bad and the Ugly and she didn't thoink it was a very good movie. :o

Good to see you guys using your newly acquired second language in a positive way. Timy, you must be a wonderful people person for all those farang tourists to tell you their innermost secrets and the Thai girls to confide in you also.

RakJungTorlae, it's not just the girls in Bangkok that don't like westerns, I once took a girl in Phuket to see the Good the Bad and the Ugly and she didn't thoink it was a very good movie. :o

How bazaar :D

You're wasting your breath trying to explain what you do in Thailand to your family or friends back home. They are also victims of a distorted media. Drugging and whoring is how they see Thailand. Sex slave trading, underage sex, etc. All the evils in the world (except invading countries and a few others) seem to be associated with S.E. Asia. They seem blind to what goes on in their home countries. They just arrested 50 to a 100 people in Texas for drugging young children, and watching them have sex with each other. It must have been like a theatre. The scandal in the Church was simply dismissed. It just goes to show the power of the media. It's like drugs. All the evils in the world go to the places where the money is. If there wasn't a market for it, they wouldn't sell it. Who likes to blame themselves for the world's evils.

As far as Thai's dislike of aliens, it's really the same anywhere you go. You're a stranger in a strange land. So, yes, of course, you're looked at as a victim. Here, you look like an ATM. It's the same everywhere. How do they treat foreigners in your country. I still believe in the two most important tenets of life, trust no one, and nothing is free. Double it when you're away from home.

I'm going to stay inside today. After re-reading this, and it's only my first cup of coffee, I better not try talking to anyone today.

Why tell anybody what they don't need to know? I give a general overview of what I get up to and if anybody wants to know more details I'll happily oblige up to a point. Beyond that they can <deleted> off, my private life is just that - PRIVATE!

Shotime - I've not had a coffee yet so I'm still in the growling phase. :o

You're wasting your breath trying to explain what you do in Thailand to your family or friends back home. They are also victims of a distorted media. Drugging and whoring is how they see Thailand. Sex slave trading, underage sex, etc. All the evils in the world (except invading countries and a few others) seem to be associated with S.E. Asia. They seem blind to what goes on in their home countries. They just arrested 50 to a 100 people in Texas for drugging young children, and watching them have sex with each other. It must have been like a theatre. The scandal in the Church was simply dismissed. It just goes to show the power of the media. It's like drugs. All the evils in the world go to the places where the money is. If there wasn't a market for it, they wouldn't sell it. Who likes to blame themselves for the world's evils.

As far as Thai's dislike of aliens, it's really the same anywhere you go. You're a stranger in a strange land. So, yes, of course, you're looked at as a victim. Here, you look like an ATM. It's the same everywhere. How do they treat foreigners in your country. I still believe in the two most important tenets of life, trust no one, and nothing is free. Double it when you're away from home.

I'm going to stay inside today. After re-reading this, and it's only my first cup of coffee, I better not try talking to anyone today.

I AGREE TO A POINT,about family/friends thinking of thailand,but bk 1st,Pattaya 2nd and Phuket 3rd seems to be what most families think of the shithole of Thailand.Even i didnt know about most places in Thailand,i only thought Bangkok was the shithole of Thailand after reading of underage sex,exploitation,pollution,drugs,murder,police corruption.Most of the things on tv and newspapers relate to Bangkok.My parents certainly dont know about prostitution in udon,khon khen,korat,chiang mai etc etc and are not aware of thousands of karaoke bars in Thailand frequented by thai guys who want to pay for sex.