Best Tailor In Pattaya?

immortalinthailand

The "quality" comes from the material you select for the suit.

The workmanship comes from some Thai sweat shops hidden in the back blocks.

The price comes from the Indian tailors and prices are about the same from shop to shop. (if selecting equal quality material.)

Which tailor is Pattaya's best? Good question. I would answer the best would be the one who carries the largest range of quality material....and you would need to know the difference between the various materials on offer.

I have a friend comming to visit and wants to have some suits made while he is here in Pattaya. Anyone know a real quality tailor here in Pattaya?

my friends and i use Next tailors on the right hand side of the Kiss arcade on Second road.

its opposite the back of Mikes shopping mall

I have done a lot of research on this and spent quite a bit of money, had suits and shirts made from a number of tailors in Pattaya, some of them not even worn as they were crap. Basically, all the Indian tailors, Next, Classic etc or all pretty sub standard and cheap, but ok if thats what your looking for.

After a few years here and a lot of research, I now use two shops. I get my shirts from Burda Tailors. opposite Friendship Supermarket, Pattaya Tai. It is owned by a guy called Wanchai. Not so cheap, but very good quality and he is a real tailor, as they also make wedding dresses etc. If you go, say I gave the recommendation (Tim), he'll sort you out.

I have also bought a suit from a tailor who has a small shop next to the pool at the Garden Cliff resort and spa, Naklua soi 16. He's a Bangladeshi and I was happy with the fit and material.

Tell these guys exactly what you want. I emphasised that quality was more important to me than price and these (especially Burda) are the only ones in Pattaya who understood me.

I have done a lot of research on this and spent quite a bit of money, had suits and shirts made from a number of tailors in Pattaya, some of them not even worn as they were crap. Basically, all the Indian tailors, Next, Classic etc or all pretty sub standard and cheap, but ok if thats what your looking for.

After a few years here and a lot of research, I now use two shops. I get my shirts from Burda Tailors. opposite Friendship Supermarket, Pattaya Tai. It is owned by a guy called Wanchai. Not so cheap, but very good quality and he is a real tailor, as they also make wedding dresses etc. If you go, say I gave the recommendation (Tim), he'll sort you out.

I have also bought a suit from a tailor who has a small shop next to the pool at the Garden Cliff resort and spa, Naklua soi 16. He's a Bangladeshi and I was happy with the fit and material.

Tell these guys exactly what you want. I emphasised that quality was more important to me than price and these (especially Burda) are the only ones in Pattaya who understood me.

''Basically, all the Indian tailors, Next, Classic etc or all pretty sub standard and cheap, but ok if thats what your looking for.''

thats not been my experience at Next over the last eight years nor has it been the experience of any of my friends that i have recommended nor was it what i or they were looking for.

after all who sets out to get ''pretty sub standard and cheap'' clothyes?

have you ever actually bought anything from Next to be able to deliver such a generalisation?

or

are just making assumptions that all indian tailors are the same?

or

maybe you (tell him Tim sent you) are on a commission from your recommended tailors.

for the record i get nothing from Next only good service and clothes delivered exactly as i ordered them.

''Basically, all the Indian tailors, Next, Classic etc or all pretty sub standard and cheap, but ok if thats what your looking for.''

thats not been my experience at Next over the last eight years nor has it been the experience of any of my friends that i have recommended nor was it what i or they were looking for.

after all who sets out to get ''pretty sub standard and cheap'' clothyes?

have you ever actually bought anything from Next to be able to deliver such a generalisation?

or

are just making assumptions that all indian tailors are the same?

or

maybe you (tell him Tim sent you) are on a commission from your recommended tailors.

for the record i get nothing from Next only good service and clothes delivered exactly as i ordered them.

Keep your Alan's on too.

May be this Tim guy would like it known that he is pleased with this guys service and has made the recommendation not for a commission, but may be for a small discount next time he goes in.

By the way it's all subjective if you're used to buying your suits from Top Man, Burtons or even a mail order catalogue you would say that Next make good suits. :o

I recommend Burda too.

Have been using his services for quite a few years now.

However, one word of advice. If Wanchai himself is not available (which often occurs), say you'll come back later or maybe make an appointment, and as mentioned insist on quality.

cheers

onzestan

Basically, I have visited most Indian tailor shops in and around Pattaya and they all seem more interested in selling any old shirts instead of listening to what you actually want, which is the difference between a sales man and a tailor.

When I visited Next, I took a look at their materials (which were all mostly second rate crap), I told him I wasn't really keen and I wanted a quality material and wouldn't mind paying extra if he could get hold of some. I even had an example with me of a shirt from England. With this, he just tried again to offer me a shirt, with the material I didn't like, and tried to haggle the price down.. twice.. With this I made an exit as he clearly wasn't listening to me.

I then went to Burda, K. Wanchai (the owner) took one look at my example shirt that I had, told me what was wrong with it(which were exactly my thoughts), then told me he didn't have any of that material, however he could get some, but it would cost me more for the better material.. All of this was said, without me really saying too much..

He has since made me some really good quality shirts and I am very, very happy with them.

Spot the difference!

I said to the gent. to mention my name, as then Wanchai (Burda) would probably assume that he would be looking for quality also..

I concur sir.

I have had 4 suits made at Next - and will have another 2 made later this year.

Good quality in my opinion.

Mr B.

Are you guys joking?! One of those "awright mate" 10 pence suit makers... made up in a minute, falls apart in 10...

The man was looking for quality...

Not joking at all. My buddy is high profile US defence attorney so his suits (and he needs lots of 'em) from Michelle hold up to the rigors of endless dry cleanings, garment bagging on planes, etc.. When he purchases suits, he selects the material carefully and shops for quality.

Nobody is saying your choices of tailors are any less than what you claim so maybe you can accept that not all your "awright mate 10 pence suit makers" are selling crap. Gee, you guys make it sound like the sun shines out of this Burda chaps arse.

• 3 weeks later...

cudaproject, thanks for the recommendation of Burda's. Went in on Monday to get some trousers and shirts made. The owner is Thai-Chinese and was very knowledgeable and helpful. The trousers were a perfect fit the first time while the shirts needed 1 alteration. Quality workmanship. As cudaproject stated, I wouldn't do anything unless the owner is in the store. Both times I was in the store, there were 5 other staff which seemed to be about 3 staff too many with a few having trouble keeping their eyes open. The older lady there is pretty good however and handled the alteration on the shirts. At that time, the owner was busy meditating on one of the benches in the shop :o but came up later to see how the fitting was going. First good experience I have had with tailors in Pattaya and will go back again.

I have had suits from Next & Pattaya Versace at the end of Walking St near Siam Bayshore. I still get them to also make my shirts , although they are getting dearer .

I have also had a couple of Suits made at the Tailor opposite Siam Bayview , sorry , can't remember their name , but a small place & great job.

The choice of the material is paramount.....

:o

• 7 months later...

I disagree on the material quality being paramount for a good suit. Good material will always be good material and a monkey could make the suit but it wouldn't be a good suit, just good material put together by a monkey.

I think the subject of quality of material is either something you are aware of and care about or doesn't enter your realm. Each to their own in a fair world.....

The tailors shop is merely a venue where you pick your material and style and get measured. Measuring is not rocket science.

The person who cuts the cloth and the person who sews the whole thing together is where the skill is required and in my opinion is what defines a 'good suit'.

I have been to a few tailors in patts over the last year and just binned the end results every time, so I would be interested to hear of tailor recommendations from anyone who has the same definition of what makes a good suit as I have.

Basically, I have visited most Indian tailor shops in and around Pattaya and they all seem more interested in selling any old shirts instead of listening to what you actually want, which is the difference between a sales man and a tailor.

When I visited Next, I took a look at their materials (which were all mostly second rate crap), I told him I wasn't really keen and I wanted a quality material and wouldn't mind paying extra if he could get hold of some. I even had an example with me of a shirt from England. With this, he just tried again to offer me a shirt, with the material I didn't like, and tried to haggle the price down.. twice.. With this I made an exit as he clearly wasn't listening to me.

I then went to Burda, K. Wanchai (the owner) took one look at my example shirt that I had, told me what was wrong with it(which were exactly my thoughts), then told me he didn't have any of that material, however he could get some, but it would cost me more for the better material.. All of this was said, without me really saying too much..

He has since made me some really good quality shirts and I am very, very happy with them.

Spot the difference!

I said to the gent. to mention my name, as then Wanchai (Burda) would probably assume that he would be looking for quality also..

Thanks for the heads up. What sort of price are we looking at for a suit at Burda's?

• 2 months later...

I have a good very good quality suit that I would like to resurrect. I used to be a 34 inch waist, too many English breakfasts and sausages and Chang have spoiled that waist measurement.

So, is there any recommendation for a tailor in the Pattaya region that can help my suit trousers 'grow'. If so, will it be a good job? Does anyone have experience of this procedure?

Or should I just opt for a new M-T-M suit?

All advice appreciated.

I have a good very good quality suit that I would like to resurrect. I used to be a 34 inch waist, too many English breakfasts and sausages and Chang have spoiled that waist measurement.

So, is there any recommendation for a tailor in the Pattaya region that can help my suit trousers 'grow'. If so, will it be a good job? Does anyone have experience of this procedure?

Or should I just opt for a new M-T-M suit?

All advice appreciated.

FYI I am not sure if all but a lot of these suits are made by thais. Across from one of my gfs apartment is a shop that the indians are constantly picking suits up from....now for the location. if you are traveling on soi bukaw going north you will pass the outdoor market on your left....then soi bukaw takes a small right then left. before you make this right there is a road to your left (turn on it). take it all the way to end then go right shop is at the end on the left

I have a friend comming to visit and wants to have some suits made while he is here in Pattaya. Anyone know a real quality tailor here in Pattaya?

HI.

JAZ AT FLIPPER LODGE HE ALSO GOOD. CHECK IT THERE

THANKS

• 2 months later...

After doing many hours of research on posts-past on TV regarding tailors in Pattaya I have come up with two significant 'positives': Burda (opposite Friendship Supermarket) and Homoe's on the corner of Soi 5 Beach Road.

Does anyone have a positive final comment to make upon the above forementioned tailors with regards quality, cut and service?

Thanks.

• 7 months later...