Changing Passport From Ms To Mrs

I recently married and my wife is going to keep her thai surname, i was just wondering does she need to change the ms. to mrs. on her passport because we are applying for a spouse visa soon?does it make any difference whether it is done or not??

Edited by smily

It doesn't make any difference. You need to proof you are married with a copy of your marriage certificate.

Under new Thai rules a woman can now choose what she want on or passport, ms or mrs.

Even under Thai rules, would this effect how foreign consulates treat your visa application or would it be like you say, just submit a copy of the marriage certificate along with copies of the original passport/ID?

It doesn't make any difference. You need to proof you are married with a copy of your marriage certificate.

Under new Thai rules a woman can now choose what she want on or passport, ms or mrs.

Even under Thai rules, would this effect how foreign consulates treat your visa application or would it be like you say, just submit a copy of the marriage certificate along with copies of the original passport/ID?

Like RueFang said. But also people don't change their passport for just that and being miss or ms can be outdated. Embassies know that. The proof embassies want is the marriage certificate.

There's only a problem if it says 'MISS'. Ms can be single, married, divorced, widowed...is non specific, so no worries!

Whenever I hear the term Ms it conjures up a picure of Dick Emery in drag to me.

Showing my age I guess

Roy gsd