Disgusting Beach Access

enfield951

I usually use the beach at the bottom of Soi 5 Pratumnak Hill,which is reasonablly quiet and clean.

A friend recommended that I try the nearby beach on Soi 4 ,close to the Asia Hotel.

I therefore went yesterday on a recce.

This beach has a public access, in the corner of the large car park ,by

some steep steps.As you go down these there is refuse and general unsightly garbage to the sides.

This all pales into insignificance when you reach the bottom!

You have 20 metre gap before you are on the sand.Here it is wet,with stagnant sea water, covered in garbage ,rotting fish and

mussel shells, complete with attendant blue bottle flies.

A disgusting first impression for visitors to what is actually a lovely secluded beach.

There are several Restaurants on this stretch, two of them either side of this stinking mess.

Has no one the initiative or will to clean it up and promote a betterimage for tourists?

There are two other accesses to the beach for patrons of local Hotels ,which I am sure are not in this

state, but for the visiting punter this is the official way and should be given attention ASAP.

Where is Koto ?

My Thai friend told me that the key objective is to make the farang unhappy here. They are focused on doing anything and everything possible to make your life miserable in Pattaya and some other areas of Thailand.

So, don't expect any changes for the better in the near future.

Enjoy your stay. Best to find a very nice room and just stay indoors. That is really your only peace here.

People actually use the beach in Pattaya?? :o

It's not actually in Pattaya but in the third secluded bay around the point from Pattaya.

I think it's the retaurants either side that cause the stinking mess but as the majority of their customers are from the hotels that have beach access they don't care about the 'occassional tourist'

Unfortunately the baches in Pattaya and Jomtien seem to convert more and more into open sewerage.

I can observe in Jomtien several points where brown clouds emerge, probably outlets sewerage pipes.

In Pattaya only the north seems to be reasonably clean, where as from central road to walking street

the beach water at times actually turns black. Absolutely rubbish for a tourist, looking for a place to swim.

No money for sewerage treatment?

I agree, it is disgusting beach access, i have been myself down those smelly steps, and sat on that miserable beach - even the deck chairs and the drinks were more expensive than other beaches. Rotting dogs and flies allover the place made me feel sick, i had to pay my bill and leave.

Why is everyone so negative about Pattaya? I've gone there often to play golf, watch my golf buddies shoot pool a night, and, occasionally, find someone or two to watch the Fashion Channel with before retiring. It was all relatively inexpensive, and I have some very good, good and bad, memories of the city. It's gotten a little more crowded, a little more dirty, and a little more expensive, but if you can stay away from the center of town, like stay in N. Pattaya, it's still very nice. Expect to get ripped off by taxi and bus drivers, but even that is somewhat petty. I would stay out of high rise buildings, avoid beach road, and especially the beach, at night, and, generally, be careful. Also, avoid the beach access which is the subject of the post.

Maybe, now that I think about it, the best advice given was "Best to find a very nice room and just stay indoors. That is really your only peace here."

Edited by Shotime

Unfortunately the baches in Pattaya and Jomtien seem to convert more and more into open sewerage.

I can observe in Jomtien several points where brown clouds emerge, probably outlets sewerage pipes.

In Pattaya only the north seems to be reasonably clean, where as from central road to walking street

the beach water at times actually turns black. Absolutely rubbish for a tourist, looking for a place to swim.

No money for sewerage treatment?

How about the area of beach in Jomtien that is close to the Alexander Hotel; past the end of Jomtien beach road?

Relatively unused by tourists and popular with a lot of paragliders(?) so maybe cleaner. You may need a bike for convenient

access though.

Edited by BugJackBaron