Potatoes In Ubon Ratchathani

kdc1899

Hi kdc1899

Can't help you directly with your question but I was wondering if she is doing potatoes (manfarang) or "Thai potatoes" (mansaparang: cassava).

Rgds

Khonwan

Cassava is often called Thai mun by the Thais. A potato is mun farang so I would guess he has 20 rai of cassava.

Group: Members

Member No.: 52,350

My wife decided to farm potatoes this year instead of rice.

In the past she would deliver the harvested rice to the mill down the road and get paid for the product.

She has no idea where to sell the potatoes.

Anyone know where in Ubon Ratchathani Province (near Ubon city preferabaly) a farmer can sell potatoes?

Any potatoe chip processors or something similiar that uses potatoes in their operation (near Ubon

This is the post KDC put on the issan forum, it seems to me that she does mean euro potatoes, not cassava, I have never seen cassava grown in ex-paddies in my area, or potatoes come to that, im sure you experienced farmers will come to the rescue of the OP.

Rgds Lickey.

Group: Members

Member No.: 52,350

My wife decided to farm potatoes this year instead of rice.

In the past she would deliver the harvested rice to the mill down the road and get paid for the product.

She has no idea where to sell the potatoes.

Anyone know where in Ubon Ratchathani Province (near Ubon city preferabaly) a farmer can sell potatoes?

Any potatoe chip processors or something similiar that uses potatoes in their operation (near Ubon

This is the post KDC put on the issan forum, it seems to me that she does mean euro potatoes, not cassava, I have never seen cassava grown in ex-paddies in my area, or potatoes come to that, im sure you experienced farmers will come to the rescue of the OP.

Rgds Lickey.

Makro in Sisaket buy local produce. Try talking to the major supermarkets in your area. On the production side, I would be very interested in the results if these potatoes are growing in paddy fields. They could be a great help to breakup panning on the subsoil.